Deck adjustment, three point hitch question.

/ Deck adjustment, three point hitch question. #1  

Kjenkins

Tractor
Kubota 2006 bx 2230
I have a 2006 kubota Bx 2230 haven't had it long and it didn't have a manuel. How do I keep the mmm deck from going up and down when I'm using the 3 point hitch? Also is there there an adjustment for the height of the mower deck when mowing? The only way I can adjust the height of the deck is using the gauge wheels to me this puts a lot of pressure on the gauge wheels.

Thanks in advance
Kenny

/ Deck adjustment, three point hitch question. #2  
There will be a big round knob to the left under the seat with numbers on it. Lift your MMM all the way to the top at which point you will be able to turn the knob to the proper height position. You will then adjust your gauge wheels to be about 1/4 inch off the ground.

To keep it from going up and down while using the 3PH, turn the knob to TOP and the deck will remain there while you use your 3PH.

/ Deck adjustment, three point hitch question. #3  
I'm new to this!
what is mmm?
I just got a kubota bx2230 w/pto & 3 pt. I understand the knob you reference ...... I don't know what the rest of the levers do .. I have no manual.
How do I keep the 3 pt raised (as you reference) then lower the mower again to mow?
I don't even understand the graphics on the levers, or positioning I need for everything to work?
Is there help for me?
thanks
carol

/ Deck adjustment, three point hitch question. #4  
Hi Carol, :welcome: to TBN.
You have come to the right place. I've got a BX2230 also.
First MMM is mid-mount mower.

The round knob behind your left ankle has adjustments for the height of the mower. The marks may not line up perfectly, but as you spin that around and feel the detente "lock" it in position, you'll find that each setting lowers the mower by about 1/2 an inch. This knob should be very firm. I got my tractor last September and found that it wobbled all over; was broken right off the frame. As a result, my mower dropped right to the ground every time.
The knob behind your right calf is to adjust how fast the 3ph goes down. Oh, and to answer that last question, you can't keep the 3ph up while you lower the mower. The 3ph supplies the lift to the mower via a rod under the seat and platform.

OK, the rest of the levers:
Left side, outside: Choose the mid pto, rear pto, or both.
Left side, inside: Engage the selected pto.
Right side, inside lower: Hydraulic lift, 3ph & mower
Right side, outside lower: 4x4
Right side, outside upper: High or low gear for ground drive
Right side, inside upper: can be cruise control or maybe 3rd hydraulic valve.

Right side pedal: hst
Right side pedal (further forward): brake
Left side pedal inside, little stick: brake lock (apply brake, push this, release)
Left side pedal outside: differential lock.

Take your time, go drive it around the yard a little, enjoy! :thumbsup:

/ Deck adjustment, three point hitch question. #5  
WOW!!
THANK YOU!!
It sounds like your reply will get me through this ...... difficult with no instructions & no manual. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me and try to help me.
Carol

/ Deck adjustment, three point hitch question. #7  
BTW, neither Kenny or Carol got manuals, but your dealer can order you a copy if you want it. I think mine was about $17 last fall.

/ Deck adjustment, three point hitch question. #8  
Really a good idea to get a manual, hard to know when to do oil changes & such, don't know how one can get by ithout a manual, esp with no experience with a tractor. They are pretty inexpensive.

--->Paul