Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Default Re: Exhaust Fluid

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Page View Post
    Anyone ever heard of exhaut fluid. I see it advertised in the farm paper and have no idea what it's for.
    There are presently two ways of meeting Tier IV emmision requirements for diesels; one requires a special exhaust particulate filter(JD) and the other requires DEF(NH/Case/IH). Supposedly the DEF allows optimum performance tuning that keeps the BSFC low(High fuel efficiency). If I recall correctly, the DEF reduce the NOx in the exhaust.
    Last edited by Jerry/MT; 01-26-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    Stupid me. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was going to be like exhaust bearings.

My daughter was sent to the autoparts store once to get new exhaust bearings by her boyfriend. She was shocked at the price the counter man quoted her, over $100 each and she needed two for her truck year model.
    Whats the big deal, she just charged it to her BF account right?
    1967 Ford 4000, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Furakawa 351

Enhanced EGR that Dodge uses, puts more exhaust in the intake to control the pollution and to do a regeneration they add fuel in the exhaust stroke to get it to clean the particulate filter. They put a plug in the turbo Turbine housing, to add chemicals to get the carbon build up out.
    Ford uses, DEF to control the Nitrogen Oxide, and injects the fuel in the exhaust stroke to clean the particulate filter. They run a reversed exhaust system, were the exhaust comes into the middle to keep the heat and the turbo clean.
    GM used DEF to control the nitrogen oxide, and has an extra injector in the exhaust system used to heat the exhaust enough to clean the Particulate filter.
    I have a 2008 duramax and the 2011's get more power from less fuel and they use the DEF.
    Europe has used DEF for a while and there are no real problems with it.
    Every time I hear all the blabber about the big problems that are going to happen I remember the BS that was spread when they took the Lead out of Gasoline.

Tractor
    Kubota L3200HST 4WD, BH77 w/Mechanical Thumb, Land Pride BB1572 Box Scraper

Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    Stupid me. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was going to be like exhaust bearings.

My daughter was sent to the autoparts store once to get new exhaust bearings by her boyfriend. She was shocked at the price the counter man quoted her, over $100 each and she needed two for her truck year model.
    You and me both! I was expecting something along the lines of muffler bearings, blinker fluid, or piston return springs.

Actually, you can get the muffler bearings much cheaper online.
    Muffler Bearing - $49.99 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

Tractor
    Kubota M9000 Hyd shuttle/Massey 1085

Quote Originally Posted by Dmace View Post
    It's that crap Ford and GM diesel trucks need to be as clean burning as a Cummins powered RAM! ;-)
    The only reason Dodge has a Cummins is they can't sucessfully design their own diesel engine....... Forgot, it's a Fiat......

Your RAM ain't exempt. You just need to pony up and buy a new one. It's there. It's there on every 2012 Diesel powered truck no matter what size.... and all Cummins engione company powerplants have it for on road use....

Thank Obama, the tree huggers and all the other know nothings.

4 more yoears of Obama.... Like it.
    A couple Kubota's
    "If haying was easy, everyone would do it. It isn't."

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Quote Originally Posted by 5030
    The only reason Dodge has a Cummins is they can't sucessfully design their own diesel engine....... Forgot, it's a Fiat......

Your RAM ain't exempt. You just need to pony up and buy a new one. It's there. It's there on every 2012 Diesel powered truck no matter what size.... and all Cummins engione company powerplants have it for on road use....

Thank Obama, the tree huggers and all the other know nothings.

4 more yoears of Obama.... Like it.
    Wow, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried...
    Where do I start?
    Ram doesn't need to design a diesel but I have no doubt they could. All their other engines are bulletproof. What other manufacturer makes a good in-house diesel, Ford? Yeah, they're off to a great start...
    A new RAM does NOT use DEF except in the cab-chassis trucks and that's only due to the significant cost savings over the special catalyst system the RAM trucks use.
    http://m.ramtrucks.com/en/mobile/veh...hicle=ram_3500
    Quote from page:
    Meets 50-state emissions with no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) required
    4 more years of Obama? Wrong again...
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    Kubota, L4400, BX1870

Quote Originally Posted by deere755 View Post
    Well my new truck is off to a good start with the DEF. I used a half a tank of the stuff in the first 80 miles this morning. I am in the shop now but they think it was stuck in the regen mode. I may be old fashion but I hate all this emission crap. Just more to go wrong with the truck.
    Are you sure the DEF tank was FULL upon delivery? I'm assuming you have a new Ford, since there is no DEF gauge you don't know exactly how full it is. Message screen just says "OK", under half or count down to empty. Dealers have been known not to top off the DEF tank.
    Kubota L4400 - Land pride rear scraper blade, 6 foot landscape rake, 72'' Frontier Box Blade, Land Pride 60'' finish mower, Land Pride Q/A pallet forks, County Line Carryall built to haul and loaded R-1's
    Kubota RTV500
    Kubota BX1870

Previous Tractors: 1978 B7100, 2009 B3200

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Quote Originally Posted by Dmace View Post
    Wow, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried...
    Where do I start?
    Ram doesn't need to design a diesel but I have no doubt they could. All their other engines are bulletproof. What other manufacturer makes a good in-house diesel, Ford? Yeah, they're off to a great start...
    A new RAM does NOT use DEF except in the cab-chassis trucks and that's only due to the significant cost savings over the special catalyst system the RAM trucks use.
    Mobile | Vehicle Homepage
    Quote from page:
    4 more years of Obama? Wrong again...
    which one had the killer dowel pin ?

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

[iQUOTE="Soundguy"]

which one had the killer dowel pin ?[/QUOTE]

First gen rams, i think all 12 valves. I know early second gens had them. If fiat would shove an iveco under that hood, they would not need cummins.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

They bought Iveco's here years ago, but now we have none. just cummins and cats?
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast