Exhaust Fluid

/ Exhaust Fluid #41  
I haven't heard anything along those lines, but I'm not a truck guy.
I think of cars & trucks as necessary evils, not topics of interest.

That is two things we agree on. Get them paid off, drive them, then have to replace them!

I highly doubt Chrysler would drop the Cummins for an in-house diesel solely due to the history and cult following it has. I am however very confident you'll see a Fiat based light duty diesel in the next light duty Rams and Jeeps as well as the Fiat based work vans coming over.
The MB blu tec diesel was used in the Jeep Grand Cherokee but not a good enough seller to continue and could not meet new emissions.

Fiat already created a V6 3.0l diesel (237hp/410tq) for the Jeeps abroad. That engine with an 8-speed tranny would make a nice 1/2 ton RAM.
Thanks Derek. Really hoping the Baby Dmax makes under the hood for the next gen GM trucks.

/ Exhaust Fluid #43  
Make it three. The GMC in your avatar is similar to my 2004 Sierra 1500.

Thats an 04 1500 Crew cab. Newest truck I have owned, bought it spring 2007, only thing I wish it had was the longer short nox. May go 2500HD gasser just for what reason, whrn I need to replace this one.

May be a forth, lots of Blue iron farming in my area, and red too. The 40 series (7740/8240) are nice well built tractors. :)

/ Exhaust Fluid #44  
I haven't heard anything along those lines, but I'm not a truck guy.
I think of cars & trucks as necessary evils, not topics of interest.

i'm just hoping my 7.3 psd from 99 last another 9-10 ys.. :)

/ Exhaust Fluid #45  
I have a 2008 duramax with the def. The system works fine, quiet engine,decent mileage,no soot and the allison 6 speed could pull a mountain down!

/ Exhaust Fluid #46  
lawn_king said:
I have a 2008 duramax with the def.
You sure about that?
I thought model year 2011 was the first for GM and Ford DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) systems, not to be confused with DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) systems.

/ Exhaust Fluid #47  
You sure about that?
I thought model year 2011 was the first for GM and Ford DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) systems, not to be confused with DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) systems.

That should be DPF, not DEF. You are correct Derek.

/ Exhaust Fluid #48  
WilliamBos said:
That should be DPF, not DEF. You are correct Derek.
Well no wonder he hasn't had any problems with it! Ha ha!