Exhaust Fluid

/ Exhaust Fluid #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
Anyone ever heard of exhaut fluid. I see it advertised in the farm paper and have no idea what it's for.

/ Exhaust Fluid #2  
Anyone ever heard of exhaut fluid. I see it advertised in the farm paper and have no idea what it's for.

Watch this, and it will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF5Oggb7gUk]2011 Ford Super Duty Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

James K0UA

/ Exhaust Fluid #3  
It's that crap Ford and GM diesel trucks need to be as clean burning as a Cummins powered RAM! ;-)

/ Exhaust Fluid #4  
I just got a new semi truck with a Pacar motor yesterday that burns that. Its urea and water. My semi holds 25 gallon and is supposed to last 4000 miles. Massey and Case Ih are using it on their farm tractors. I figure its just a matter of time before we see it on utility tractors.

/ Exhaust Fluid #5  
It's that crap Ford and GM diesel trucks need to be as clean burning as a Cummins powered RAM! ;-)

Cummins will be joining them soon. Its also in lots of farm machinery now and heavy equipment.

Chris

/ Exhaust Fluid #6  

The cab and chassis Ram is SCR. Only a matter of time before the rest of the Ram crowd can't brag anymore.

/ Exhaust Fluid #7  
Apparently some car engines require this and some don't, depending on their emissions output. The VW Passat diesel uses this but the Golf with the diesel does not. Hopefully the smaller CUTs will be exempted.

/ Exhaust Fluid #8  
psdx said:
Apparently some car engines require this and some don't, depending on their emissions output. The VW Passat diesel uses this but the Golf with the diesel does not. Hopefully the smaller CUTs will be exempted.

No, eventually they will all be required to mert Tier 4 final.

I'll take the SCR/DOC set up over cooled EGR any day.

/ Exhaust Fluid #9  
Well my new truck is off to a good start with the DEF. I used a half a tank of the stuff in the first 80 miles this morning. I am in the shop now but they think it was stuck in the regen mode. I may be old fashion but I hate all this emission crap. Just more to go wrong with the truck.

/ Exhaust Fluid #10  
Stupid me. When I first saw this thread, I thought it was going to be like exhaust bearings.

My daughter was sent to the autoparts store once to get new exhaust bearings by her boyfriend. She was shocked at the price the counter man quoted her, over $100 each and she needed two for her truck year model.:laughing: