LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #11  
How does the LED dual beam compare to either a 55w halogen or 35w HID light for fender mount, forward facing on a tractor with a loader?

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor
A halogen light does not even come close to comparing to this light. A 35-watt Xenon light usually has about 3000 to 3200 lumens (at the light source) and this light with the dual beam has a true 2600 lumens which is a little less but it is so bright and the light is focused where you need it, that you can't tell much difference in the amount of light from a Xenon. There are many other attributes that make the LED a better light as well.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #13  
Since you have access to these lights, could you by chance put together an actual video of a side by side comparison of 50 watt halogen and the 24 watt LED (or rigid led) and if you have one a 35 watt HID. And i dont mean a stare at the light video like others show. Id like to see a real world view as would be seen from the inside of a tractor cab or a truck cab. One light on the right, the other kind on the left. to see an actual difference in light output.

The Lumen debate is meaningless until all manufacturers use the same methods of testing.

I wouldn't mind adding some additional lighting to my tractor, but to date i havnt been to impressed by the LED light outputs ive seen at a distance. They blind me looking at them, but when directed out ahead, they dont seem so bright.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #14  
here's a web page showing a comparison of my halogen and 18W LED lights. The LED are significantly brighter, the pictures do not do it justice.

PT1850 LED Lights

Ken

Yes. We are working on videos right now. I will attach a couple pictures that I have. I did the first photo on my street with my 2000 dodge truck and one pair of our 24-watt LED flood/work lights. In the other picture you will see the Rigid D2 Duallys that I sell and in the last 2 pictures are from a forum on TBN that a guy posted of his Kubota (hope he doesn't mind me putting his pics up). The Kubota pics are with his original halogens and one pair of My 18 Watt LED lights.

Attachments

• Comparison 24watt.JPG
    Comparison 24watt.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 45,938
  • dually d2 reference.JPG
    dually d2 reference.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 43,054
  • Kubota lights.jpg
    Kubota lights.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 4,135
  • Kubota LED.jpg
    Kubota LED.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 3,675
   / LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #16  
ok..thanks. Also, make the video with the lights at the same levels. Pictures comparing lights caught behind a loader compared to lights on the top of a canopy arnt a fair comparison.

Id like to see one or two lights side by side for comparison. ie: heres one halogen on teh canopy. heres one LED on the same canopy. that kind of thing.

And thank you

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #17  
Yes. We are working on videos right now. I will attach a couple pictures that I have. I did the first photo on my street with my 2000 dodge truck and one pair of our 24-watt LED flood/work lights. In the other picture you will see the Rigid D2 Duallys that I sell and in the last 2 pictures are from a forum on TBN that a guy posted of his Kubota (hope he doesn't mind me putting his pics up). The Kubota pics are with his original halogens and one pair of My 18 Watt LED lights.

Hmmm ... I saw those Kubota before-&-after pics before, but it just dawned on me: In the 2nd pic that seems to show more light, you actually lose the lighting on the tree & vegetation that is lit up further away in the first pic. Meaning, the "after" seems to be a much wider, fuller light result but not out nearly as far. I assume the OEM headlights were turned off in the 2nd pic? If so, maybe a 3rd pic is needed to show the light with both the OEM headlights and the aftermarket lights at the same time:

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #18  
Hmmm ... I saw those Kubota before-&-after pics before, but it just dawned on me: In the 2nd pic that seems to show more light, you actually lose the lighting on the tree & vegetation that is lit up further away in the first pic. Meaning, the "after" seems to be a much wider, fuller light result but not out nearly as far. I assume the OEM headlights were turned off in the 2nd pic? If so, maybe a 3rd pic is needed to show the light with both the OEM headlights and the aftermarket lights at the same time:

I also am not sure if the original tractors lights are 50 watt halogens? i know my 50 watt halogens on the cab extend ALOT of light out a long ways. On my Kioti the tractors actual headlights are only 35 watt. the cab lights are 50 watts each.
I wouldnt mind adding a set of halogen diffuse lights to the mix to add to the night lighting, but i need to see the real difference in light output.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #19  
Since you have access to these lights, could you by chance put together an actual video of a side by side comparison of 50 watt halogen and the 24 watt LED (or rigid led) and if you have one a 35 watt HID. And i dont mean a stare at the light video like others show. Id like to see a real world view as would be seen from the inside of a tractor cab or a truck cab. One light on the right, the other kind on the left. to see an actual difference in light output.

The Lumen debate is meaningless until all manufacturers use the same methods of testing.

I wouldn't mind adding some additional lighting to my tractor, but to date i havnt been to impressed by the LED light outputs ive seen at a distance. They blind me looking at them, but when directed out ahead, they dont seem so bright.

I, too, would like to see comparison of the Rigid LED D2 dual beams and HIDs in the same price range 35, 45, 50 watt. Similar to the second picture you posted of four Rigid LED lights.

Also maybe some pros and cons of HIDs and LEDs. Will an HID light hold up on tractor?

I'm leaning towards HIDs, but only because price. Are they by chance made in USA?

The LED lights hold up much better than any other "bulb" lighting. LED lights tend to last about 30,000 hours compared with Halogen & Xenon bulbs that may last 3000, to 6,000 hours. A Xenon light has a ballast (more parts to go bad eventually), and an LED light is a printed circuit board that resists vibration and water and shock much better. I have all 3 types of light and I still sell a lot of HID/Xenon lighting because they are very powerful for the money. If you want durability though, LED has no match. Some of our LED lights are USA made but the Xenon lights come from overseas, usually Taiwan or China. I will work on some more comparison photos for you in the very near future.