LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #51  
I've yet to post on here but we at work have been looking (3rd time now in 4 years) at LED lights on our OEM Production equipment.

We have about 15 different sized off road construction equipment (OEM we build) where I work. Our smaller line is all DC power based in 12 or 24VDC for both equipment and lighting. On our Larger MAXI line of equipment it is all 24VDC operation with 120/240VAC lighting. We have been studying the costs of the AC systems VS the cost of upgrading to LEDs and running all DC Lighting on ALL rigs.

I'm not the guy doing the run around THIS time, I did it last time. LEDs have come a long way in last 2~3 years. What we use NOW are some off road lights 55watt H3 Halogen 3x5 oval units.
Last year we used ~500 between 12VDC & 24VDC versions at a cost of ~25.00 ea with a 15.00 value added (wiring termination plugs etc)
We are using the 25ea pricing to determine Existing Cost vs LED "Lifetime value added costs." Where we are on LED Pricing thru 3 major MFGs is our least expensive LED is going to run just about 3x our original cost. These happen to be GROTE brand light not sure if this is correct version Grote Industries: Product #63f81 - 1200 Lumen, Flood we are getting the 2500LM with DEUTSCH plug (without pigtails) as we will wire them on our cables there are many TYPES (Spot Floor Diffused etc) so you need to look at Lumens and Useable Light and light pattern. There is a download PDF/HTML on the right side.

These guys we have bought from in the past and we have some buying power thru them but not only are they about the least $ dollar wise but seem to have the best light/useable light out of them on top of being Dual Voltage.

They have sent us about ($2000.00 Retail) in samples of a very wide variety of sizes outputs lens types flood/spot etc.

We also are looking at JW Speaker ( LED Headlights - Other - J.W. Speaker Corporation ) which happens to be our existing Halogen Light provider. They sent us some samples in our last go around but costs are upwards of $140/per and output did not seem very good. Other company we are looking at is a Fire/Rescue company ( FRC-Fire Research Corp LED Lighting ) which also some REALLY good LEDs but with the Fire Rescue words the costs are higher than GROTE stuff with nearly similar components @ 2x Grote Cost.

Hope this helps everyone...

Mark

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #52  
Grote looks good. If only they had a lower colour temperature.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #53  
1st order with towmart was on 9w led 90degree light and 2 18w led flood lights I put them on my trencher and WOW it was like working in the sun. I ordered a few more for my trucks as backup/work lights and they are best lights I have put on a machine. I ordered online and they showed up on time ordered 4 differant style and all exceeded my expectations. I will try to get photo's in the next week or so. I will be our fitting all my equipment with towmart lights over the next few months.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #54  
TowMart, whats the deal on shipping to Canada.
Can these be shipped through the postal service.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #55  
Quick question:
Do you have a "replacement" LED for the round multi-function fender lights on a '95 JD855? These are amber and have the flasher function. I broke one pulling wild grape vines out of my trees. Would really like to go LED.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #56  
TowMart,
Did you ever answer the question below? It's come up in another thread and more than one of us is interested in the answer.

Are any of your light bars dimmable? We run into trouble on the roads with some of these. We still need the light to see the implements and ditches, but we are also blinding the people driving by us.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #59  
Read the first post.
skyhook, are you the TOWMART advertiser? if so, please answer my question. i have read all the posts in this thread, visited TOWMART's website and researched some if not all the links posted here.

did you mean the first post on this page or the first in the thread. you should be a little more precise in your comments if you want them taken seriously. if you are the advertiser, i'm probably not going to do business with you if you can't respond to something you started and solicited.

maybe you can answer my question because reading the posts and your comment doesn't help me, even if it helped you.

/ LED & Xenon Work Lights For Your Tractor #60  
No I'm not, it seems that there are many un-answered questions.