Oil & Fuel Micron value of OEM fuel filters on Kubota

/ Micron value of OEM fuel filters on Kubota #1  

jonyyuma

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952
guys, Anyone looked up the micron value of the filters for kubota tractors? I would like to see it? I am changing my tractor over to a racor 30 micron water sep unit. It will be primary, and the new OEM filter will be protected. My tractor is 3 cyl and 32 hp, but I have forgotten the number on the side of the filter. If i cannot get an answer here then I will contact Colemans ask them, since they supplyed it..I would like to have it down to 5...Thanks for you time..

/ Micron value of OEM fuel filters on Kubota #2  
guys, Anyone looked up the micron value of the filters for kubota tractors? I would like to see it? I am changing my tractor over to a racor 30 micron water sep unit. It will be primary, and the new OEM filter will be protected. My tractor is 3 cyl and 32 hp, but I have forgotten the number on the side of the filter. If i cannot get an answer here then I will contact Colemans ask them, since they supplyed it..I would like to have it down to 5...Thanks for you time..

Most of the ones I'm familiar with are 10 micron filters. I suppose you can go down to 5 micron but if your fuel or fuel tank is dirty you'll be changing them regularly. Does your tractor have a lift pump upstream of the filter? If it dosen't and is striclly gravity flow fuel deliery system to the injector pump, you should probably stick to the OEM filtration levels.

/ Micron value of OEM fuel filters on Kubota
It is gravity thru the filters ,then the mech fuel pump, to the injector pump. I figured the 30 micron is good to protect the OEM one. I had hoped to prove OEM is at least Finer?

/ Micron value of OEM fuel filters on Kubota #4  
It is gravity thru the filters ,then the mech fuel pump, to the injector pump. I figured the 30 micron is good to protect the OEM one. I had hoped to prove OEM is at least Finer?

That's interestting.

My NH is suction feed through the water separator and then it goes into the lift pump and then throught the fuel filter to the injector pump. The fuel pump has a cleanable screen on it. I think the water separators are at 30 microns because water molecules in treated fuels acrete to form big globules that slide off the water separator filter toward the bottom drain and also the fuel filter (if they are small enough to get that far).

/ Micron value of OEM fuel filters on Kubota #5  
If you are asking about the little paper cartridge style fuel filters used in varying sizes on nearly all CUT's, I'd not expect them to be less than 20 microns.

Rick, I expect that you might be right, i hoped it was at least a 15....But..??

Okay, Kubota did not have it available either?

/ Micron value of OEM fuel filters on Kubota #9  
I went thru this years ago. If I remember right the factory Kubota filters are 15 micron.

Help me out though, what's the purpose of putting a filter with a higher micron rating? What will that do for you?

I went the other way with mine. I installed a Dahl filter in front of the factory filter with a 2 micron rating. I wanted mine to catch more trash, not less. Been using it for 10 or 11 years with very good results. I'm all for better filtration but I don't understand adding a filter system that does less work.

I'm open for new ideas though so school me.

My NEW Racor filter is 30 micron and says it is for primary filtering...I already have a screen filter from my Mercedes taking out the large stuff...The secondary filter{original Kubota} rating was unknown to me. Nearly all our Gen station stuff has two filters to prevent plugging up ..Still would like Kubota to say what it's rating is on filters??.But the Cat people say to step it down from the front for longer life use? BD, i had considered doing the same as you, and go down to at least 10 microns , BEFORE it goes to the original filter....I really don't think it is wrong, I just don't like repairs on fuel systems..