Tractor has a boo boo

/ Tractor has a boo boo #1  

HunterdonPaul

Bronze Member
I wouldn't really call it a boo boo. Just the normal chips and such of the paint especially the loader and 3PH. I was wondering if you all occasionally touch up your toys with paint. Does such paint exist? I am guess if Kubota sells that gray or orange paint - it ain't cheap.

Just thought I'd ask....

/ Tractor has a boo boo #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was wondering if you all occasionally touch up your toys with paint. )</font>

Yes.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does such paint exist? )</font>

Yes.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am guessing if Kubota sells that gray or orange paint - it ain't cheap. )</font>

Mostly true, but probably not too bad if you're only going to touch up here and there. I actually found a pretty close match to the orange with an Allis Chalmers Orange can from True Value. It's close enough for the implements...probably wouldn't use it on the hood or other highly visible area.

If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find some other suggestions.

~Rick

/ Tractor has a boo boo #3  
Go to an Auto Body Supply store, they'll mix you up all you want for a fraction of the price.
Pacesetter

/ Tractor has a boo boo #4  
...ditto on the Rustoleum! It's Rustoleum Specialty Farm Equipment; color is Orange #7458 Allis Chalmers Orange. It's a great match. I get it from the local hardware store for $6 a can.

Gregg

/ Tractor has a boo boo #5  
Found Kubota orange in both spray and liquid (1 qt. and 1 gal.) sizes at local Tractor Supply store. Bought some of each... haven't yet tried them to see how close the color matches.

Other farm machinery dealers (such as Leinbach's, near me) also have similar.

Have not found specifically Kubota gray, but these same sources have numerous other grays for other makes. One of them would have to be pretty close to Kubota's.

/ Tractor has a boo boo #6  
I have a can of Kubota orange spray that I had the dealer send me to touch up some spots, and I can say it doesn't match perfectly either. Like someone else said it is ok for attachements, but I wouldn't want to try and match on hood/fenders or such.

/ Tractor has a boo boo #8  
I can't speak for orange.. but NH sells both the blue and grey in rattle cans... I've touched mine up every now and then.. but especially if metal is exposed.

Soundguy

/ Tractor has a boo boo #9  
<font color="blue"> Just the normal chips and such of the paint especially the loader and 3PH. I was wondering if you all occasionally touch up your toys with paint. </font>

Don't bother touching up the loader bucket. It'll get the paint worn off as soon as you use it again. The good news is that the rust gets smoothed off just as fast.

I do touch up the hood and fenders, though.