Rim Guard

/ Rim Guard #1  

Haz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430cab w/ FEL
Was looking at some old threads about filling rear tires and am interested in checking out Rim Guard as the fluid. I will be getting my Kubota L3430 tractor within the week and my dealer doesn't fill tires. Does anyone know of a place in Northeast PA that fills tires with Rim Guard? Has anyone had the opportunity of driving a tractor with filled tires and another tractor with wheel weights? I am curious to know what they feel is the difference and what is their preference.

Sorry for bringing up an "old and probably beat to death topic".
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Thanks

Haz

/ Rim Guard #2  
If you check through some of the old threads on this topic, I posted an address and phone number for the Rim Guard folks. They can put you in touch with a dealer in your area. (I'd post it again now, but can't find it).

If I had known about the stuff when I filled my tires, I'd have done that instead of the CaCl.

John Mc

/ Rim Guard
Thanks John,
I went back and found the guys name and address and <font color="red"> </font> posted it here in case anyone else wants it. I also had a question for you, John. I am waiting for my L3430 to come in and ordered a BB60 Woods brush bull. I noticed on your bio that you have the same brush cutter. I told the dealer to set my rear tires at 5.5 ft. What do you think?

Don't give up on finding the Rim Guard (beet juice). At 11 lbs/gal, it's heavier than most of the calcium chloride solutions. It's not corrosive (in fact, it helps prevent corrosion) and non-toxic to animals or plants.

The guy who holds the patent on it is Glen Daly, in East Lansing, Michigan. If you give him a call at 517-351-6470 he'll send you info on it and tell you where the dealers are in your area. As of a few months ago, he was still hard at work expanding his dealer network. So there may not be much in your area, but it's worth a look.

Haz

/ Rim Guard #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I also had a question for you, John. I am waiting for my L3430 to come in and ordered a BB60 Woods brush bull. I noticed on your bio that you have the same brush cutter. I told the dealer to set my rear tires at 5.5 ft. What do you think?)</font>

Haz -

I'm not too familiar with the Kubota L3x30 series, but I think your 3430 is a good bit bigger than my TC33D. As far as lateral stability goes, you should be fine. My width at the rear (with R4 tires) is narrower than what you've got yours set at, and I've had no problems. The only disadvantage of setting your wheels that wide is that they are wider than your mower... not a problem when you are mowing an open field, but you won't be able to get up close to a fence line with the mower (I tend not to get that close anyway... not to worried about that wall-to-wall manicured look when I'm brush hogging, and I don't want to end up with the barbed wire wrapped around my blade if I get too close.)

I've been very happy with the BB60. I've cleared a bunch of old pasture (not grazed in about 5-10 years) run over rocks, chopped up ton's of 1.5" and some 2" diameter saplings. I've got some dings and scratches, but it still cuts just fine.

John Mc

/ Rim Guard #5  
Why don't you get a 6' mower deck, rather than a 5'??? Just curious. I think your tractor is big enough to handle a 6'.