The Urban Tractor. Who's got one?

/ The Urban Tractor. Who's got one? #1  

deezler

Elite Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7305, Kioti CK3510seh TLB
I was just thinking how it seems almost everyone on this site is a rural homeowner or farmer, with some commercial contractors/landscapers in the mix. Most of the time pictures depict a tractor sitting in a rural or agricultural environment, as expected.

While I just bought 19 acres of overgrown vacant land, begging for some native ecosystem restoration and productive use, I currently live in a rental house in a rather urban setting. It didn't strike me until I saw this picture how out of place a tractor looks in the city. Mine is sitting on pavement, surrounded by pavement, with 3-4 story buildings directly adjacent (and both it and I can't wait to get out into the woods and play).

Anyone else have similar pics/experience to share?

IMG_1910.jpg

/ The Urban Tractor. Who's got one? #2  
I have three tractors. I always keep one of them at home in my suburban housing development where I am the go to volunteer maintenance and groundsperson. I wouldn't get anything done with out the tractor (wouldn't want to). Acoyuple of pics:

Attachments

• IMG_2453.JPG
    IMG_2453.JPG
    719.6 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 471
   / The Urban Tractor. Who's got one? #3  
I live in Town. Come snow clearing time after nor'easter it sure don't look out of place!:thumbsup:

/ The Urban Tractor. Who's got one?
I live in Town. Come snow clearing time after nor'easter it sure don't look out of place!:thumbsup:

Absolutely. I would love for a freak foot+ of snow to drop so that I could play the hero on my street! haha.

/ The Urban Tractor. Who's got one? #5  
I live in a rural area, but from about 1974 to 84, I lived in Ypsi, in a rented house. I can't tell from the pic, are you near downtown or the EMU campus? I lived near campus.

/ The Urban Tractor. Who's got one? #6  
I don't live that far form town. Just the other day I drove it into town to do some work and stopped by the local coffee shop and bought a cup. I started to take a picture of it setting out front between a Lincoln Navigator and a BMW 3 series but didn't take the time, now I wish I had! :mur:

/ The Urban Tractor. Who's got one?
I live in a rural area, but from about 1974 to 84, I lived in Ypsi, in a rented house. I can't tell from the pic, are you near downtown or the EMU campus? I lived near campus.

In the heart of Depot Town! That's probably all I should say about it since my stuff sits outside.:cool:

Hollow said:
I started to take a picture of it setting out front between a Lincoln Navigator and a BMW 3 series but didn't take the time, now I wish I had!

You should have! That would be hilarious to see. I will probably end up with some funny situations like that this year myself before I get a proper shed built on my vacant land.

/ The Urban Tractor. Who's got one? #8  
In the heart of Depot Town! That's probably all I should say about it since my stuff sits outside.:cool:

You should have! That would be hilarious to see. I will probably end up with some funny situations like that this year myself before I get a proper shed built on my vacant land.

I used to go to the Alibi bar, before it became Aubreys. I really liked the restuarant there in Depot Town, They had a really good breakfast.

Another hangout, back in the "day", was the sidetrack lounge - across the street from the Alibi. The owner of the Alibi sold out because the city had cited him too often for fights there.

Last edited:
   / The Urban Tractor. Who's got one? #9  

I used to go to the Alibi bar, before it became Aubreys. I really liked the restuarant there in Depot Town, They had a really good breakfast.

/ The Urban Tractor. Who's got one? #10  

Well, I'll have to be honest with you. I do like me a good latte but the only reason I stopped by that day was to see the looks I could get from the preppy kids inside pecking away at their laptops after I parked my tractor amongst their snobbish cars. :D