Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: lynch pin help

It is hard for me to imagine a pin coming out snow blowing as there shouldnt be anything to snag them. Make a few like GWDixon show with washer first then slip the pin thru and if it comes loose then it must be breaking in which case something is not right and causing the lift arms to pull excessively on the pin. Maybe try putting in a grade 8 bolt with either a double lock nut or nyloc nut with a washer on the lift pin before the bolt. I have lost a few bush hogging and broken some with the box blade but only after bending the lift pin.
    Look for the cause of failure rather than constant pin replacement unless you were putting them in wrong which I doubt unless you are flipping the bail all the way over after installing.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    It is hard for me to imagine a pin coming out snow blowing as there shouldnt be anything to snag them. Make a few like GWDixon show with washer first then slip the pin thru and if it comes loose then it must be breaking in which case something is not right and causing the lift arms to pull excessively on the pin. Maybe try putting in a grade 8 bolt with either a double lock nut or nyloc nut with a washer on the lift pin before the bolt. I have lost a few bush hogging and broken some with the box blade but only after bending the lift pin.
    Look for the cause of failure rather than constant pin replacement unless you were putting them in wrong which I doubt unless you are flipping the bail all the way over after installing.
    All good ideas and washers and bolts are next if the black jobbers and pull ties fail.

Thanks again.
    “If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.”
    M. H. Alderson

New Holland 3045 with cab

Tractor
    Kubota B2630, '53 Farmall Super H, '47 Farmall AI, '44 Farmall A

Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding this. How are lynch pins coming undone? Even the cheapest ones I've seen can't open on their own.

Tractor
    JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super C

Black s.o.b's ... they will pop your finger as hard as a 16 oz hammer and you can even loose your fingernail .... but they do the job and seem to last forever.
    "When selling a lifetime ... don't sell it short"
    auctioneer@southernauctionco.com

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by nspec View Post
    Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding this. How are lynch pins coming undone? Even the cheapest ones I've seen can't open on their own.
    The Cadmium or zinc plated lynch pins (these are the (somewhat) gold colored ones) spring clips will loosen after some use. I've lost some when running my RFM (which I would think is a fairly low stress operation).
    Roy Jackson

”"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    New Holland 3045/2010

Quote Originally Posted by nspec View Post
    I think it is the India made shite that just fails, I can't see why it would come off either and yes the flat was going to the implement side otherwise the ring would get smacked to shite in no time, go figure. I feel it is must be inferior metals from off shore stuff no doubt. I have used lag bolts that use to be bullet proof but now bend like taffy hey but they are less expensive, lol.
    “If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average.”
    M. H. Alderson

New Holland 3045 with cab

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

I am thinking the lock pins that hold the lift link pins to my lower 3pt arms have a ring that you have to turn to release, like a split ring. I'll check my tractor and report back.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Tractor
    Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N

I only lose my pins when they walk off when I'm hooking up and lay them down! And I know this don't help you out but I think you are putting some stress on them and shearing them for some reason ????
    "keep them pots black, shiny, and full of good Food and Fellowship!"
    Moore Cookie

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Quote Originally Posted by bironacad View Post
    So you think that they are not breaking but coming unlocked?
    Yes, I think they are being snagged, become unlocked and then fall out. Possibly, the ring can get ripped off somehow and then fall out.

I have had a few become unlatched from going through brush or digging them in the dirt and fall out, but caught it before I wrecked anything, but if I lose one with a 1200# weight box and then start dragging that through the woods with the toplink and one lift arm, that could be one for the video.

If a branch will unlatch a light duty one, it may even unlatch a heavy duty one, it's just harder to do and may take a bigger branch.

I have never seen one break off, but I probably am not as hard on them as others.
    JD 3720 with R4s
    X740

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.

Tractor
    Kubota 4740

Ya. Dam garbage. I wish the manufactures from tires to paint would stop making excuses and make stuff so it will last. A snow blower should have a cleaves style link pin setup. No. Instead they use one post and save 5 bucks. I for one am getting sick of buying crap.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast