3-Point Hitch lynch pin help

/ lynch pin help #31  
I am thinking the lock pins that hold the lift link pins to my lower 3pt arms have a ring that you have to turn to release, like a split ring. I'll check my tractor and report back.

Pins do have a split ring, hole in each end of ther pin, you thread the split ring thru the end hole to keep the pin in. JD part number AL114597

Attachments

• clip 010.JPG
    clip 010.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 415
  • clip 009.JPG
    clip 009.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 322
   / lynch pin help
Pins do have a split ring, hole in each end of ther pin, you thread the split ring thru the end hole to keep the pin in. JD part number AL114597

If you look at the image in the first post you will see not all lynch pins are created equal, lol, I like the idea of threading it through a hole but this was not an option with the pins I have been able to obtain.

/ lynch pin help #33  
HOw to loose linch pins blowing snow! I believe how it happens is..... We all hit things (curbs etc...). Because to many of the blowers are attached to a 3 pt hitch arms with a pin that is not a clevis style. The pin sticks out from one side mount of the blower, as apposed to a clevis mount, bends with a hit and abrupt stop. After the pins bend every force there after forces the arms off center thus putting pressure on the linch pin. Metal fatigue acts on the linch and eventually breaks.

/ lynch pin help
Get the high powered black ones. But look out for them. They will bite you both opening and closing them.

Did a couple of days of Bush Hogging with no problems using the Black Lynch Pins, thanks!

/ lynch pin help #35  
I had a devil of a time yesterday when one of the pins came off one of my lower arms that goes on under the tractor. I finally got it all put back together and the mower hooked back up and put on the pins that have the wire come back and over the pin but I am confident a piece of brush will hook onto that and pull them out. Since the lower control arms under the tractor aren't ever taken off, would there be any problem with just putting a good bolt thru those with a lock nut? I have a New Holland TT45A. Thanks

/ lynch pin help #36  
I have a Quick Attach FEL Bucket on my Kubota B3300SU. The bucket attaches to the lift arms via four easily pulled pins, which are secured in place by lynch pins.

I had one lynch pin pulled out in thick brush, then the one pin backed out half way. This bent bucket frame which was $1450 repair, of which $1200 was fortunately covered by Kubota insurance.

This was after a year of ownership. The Kubota mechanic asked me how often I removed the bucket. I had to admit I had never taken the bucket off. He replaced four lynch pins with two 6mm X 35mm plus two 6mm X 45mm Allen head screws with nylock nuts. No problem since.

In the ensuing eighteen months I still have never removed the bucket.

/ lynch pin help #37  
Since the lower control arms under the tractor aren't ever taken off, would there be any problem with just putting a good bolt thru those with a lock nut? I have a New Holland TT45A. Thanks

That's the way mine are now (Kioti DK45), after a very scary experience with a rotary mower riding up a rear tire on a tight turn...damages thankfully covered under warranty.

/ lynch pin help
I moved to the black lynch pins as suggested and have not had a problem with the mower since then;)

/ lynch pin help #39  
I moved to the black lynch pins as suggested and have not had a problem with the mower since then;)

Just don't let the ring snap on your fingers...it hurts!