Guess that truck game!!!

/ Guess that truck game!!! #25  
MAN?

Cool trucks!

Did the Brockway 700's share a cab with Mack? The cab on that blue one looks like an R model Mack cab.
Yes- The 700's had an R Model cab- just before Mack pulled the plug on Brockway and shut it down- end of a Northeast institution. when I was a kid growing up in Connecticutn it seems Brockways were the truck of choice for town Hiway depts.

/ Guess that truck game!!!
crashz said:
MAN?

Cool trucks!

Did the Brockway 700's share a cab with Mack? The cab on that blue one looks like an R model Mack cab.

No, Brockway 700 cabs were made by Sheller Globe, different from mack from the cowl to the roof believe it or not!!

Red Horse said:
when I was a kid growing up in Connecticutn it seems Brockways were the truck of choice for town Hiway depts.

Yeah, they were a favorite for town/plow trucks, easy to work on, but not wonderful to use......

/ Guess that truck game!!! #28  
Yes- The 700's had an R Model cab- just before Mack pulled the plug on Brockway and shut it down- end of a Northeast institution. when I was a kid growing up in Connecticutn it seems Brockways were the truck of choice for town Hiway depts.

Yeah, they were a favorite for town/plow trucks, easy to work on, but not wonderful to use......

my family had all brockway rearend loader trash trucks back in the 70's before they switched over to all mack roll off trucks in the 80's. I was way too young to remeber it but have pics somewhere.im 36 years old. They had 7 brockways i think. Pretty cool stuff. I remebr all the macks we had were mainly 5 speeds with one having 2 stick high and low range sticks. We had 2 transfer trailers as well. At one point i went with my dad to buy an autocar roll off brand new and it had an 8 speed eaton fuller and i thought what the **** is with all these gears. Fun stuff! I still cant shift a eaton fuller worth a crap. I can go up in gears just fine like noones bussiness. Just cant down shift worth a sheet.

shortthrow50 said:
my family had all brockway rearend loader trash trucks back in the 70's before they switched over to all mack roll off trucks in the 80's. I was way too young to remeber it but have pics somewhere.im 36 years old. They had 7 brockways i think. Pretty cool stuff. I remebr all the macks we had were mainly 5 speeds with one having 2 stick high and low range sticks. We had 2 transfer trailers as well. At one point i went with my dad to buy an autocar roll off brand new and it had an 8 speed eaton fuller and i thought what the **** is with all these gears. Fun stuff! I still cant shift a eaton fuller worth a crap. I can go up in gears just fine like noones bussiness. Just cant down shift worth a sheet.

Cool!!!
Okay, this one is my fathers truck....

Attachments

• image-3744504538.png
    image-3744504538.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 268