Maryland funeral

/ Maryland funeral #3  
Put some big straps around the casket, hang it off the FEL and lower it right in! :thumbsup:

/ Maryland funeral #4  
I have seen pictures of a funeral procession with a Farmall pulling a wagon with a casket. I believe it was in the Midwest somewhere.

Farm Show magazine had a similar story several years ago.

Take the last ride in something you know, not what a Funeral home thinks is respectful.

I worked at a funeral home for a bit and some of the things people thought was fitting for the deceased was sometimes strange.

/ Maryland funeral #5  
I saw a funeral in the s.hadley/holyoke area here where the pall bearers all drove an antique tractor behind the hearse on the way to the cemetery.
Thought it was a pretty cool procession.:thumbsup:

/ Maryland funeral #6  
My wife's uncle was killed while driving a fuel delivery truck a few years ago. They didn't take him to the gravesite in a gas truck, but 2 trucks did lead the funeral procession.

/ Maryland funeral #7  
Burying a sealed casket just seems like such a waste.

Cremate me and spread my ashes in the garden, flower bed, or orchard.

Or just bury me in a burlap bag in a hole and plant a tree on top of it. Imagine the look on the face of the guy who pulls the stump out decades later!

On the flip side, I've thought of having my corpse sealed in a block of clear plastic, laid and bolted on a rectangular granite slab out under the pines in the back woods. Put a pitched cover over it with solar cells and lighting up through the plastic for a cool night effect. No humdrum grassy lawn on top for this guy! :laughing: