Grading Front blade

/ Front blade #1  

Anonymous Poster

So now that I have pretty much made up my mind on which tractor to purchase ( Ford 1215 ) I would like to know if anyone out there has ever put a front blade on their unit. I would prefer this as apposed to a FEL. I know theres a lot of dealer units but I want a custom one with 3 cylinders --up/down; left/right; and also a tilt cylinder. I know I could do this tilting thing with a box blade but a blade in the front would be much handier. I used to operate a unit like this on a Ditch Witch small trencher once and it was sweet. When I mention this to some of the different dealers up here ( Saskatchewan ) they just kind of look at me strangely. Most people buy compacts here to mow the lawn and till around their trees. Kubota has started selling BX 2200's with hoes but they are pricey. I plan on putting a hoe on my tractor but it will be one that I build. I'll use it on acreages and in the city for my small business.
I'm fairly new to this site ( WEEK ) but it's great. Lots of info and some good laughs. Wife can't figure out why so much time on cptr. All I need now is the tractor so I can get more seat/garage time. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Front blade #2  
NH makes one that will fit my TC18 but it is $$$$. I've always wondered if it would be possible to modify an old truck plow or something to fit.

/ Front blade #3  
How about something like this?
It's a loader attachment that does the up/down and left/right, but doesn't look like it tilts.

/ Front blade #4  
I agree that a front blade with tilt would be pretty useful for moving dirt, but I couldn't find one. The only blades I have seen are obviously designed with snow in mind, with their skid shoes, trip springs, highly curved blade, and hyd. angling.
I thought about buying one of these and converting it for my second tractor, but then concluded that a loader would be more useful, even though I have one on tractor no. 1

/ Front blade #5  
I made a blade for a Mitsubishi a few months ago. Took a 24 inch diameter pipe and cut it in 1/4's. Then i made my brackets and monted cylinders The 3/8 wall pipe is a good matiral for a smaller tractor. They use them to backfill trenches. They had one on a loader but it kept twisting the arms.and the higher loader mount point loses alot of traction. One feature i added to his blade was the hinge to tilt it forwards so it could have a non aggressive setting to grade and smooth not dig in. Some crawler dozers and most wheel dozers hve that feature. Its handy for scraping the dirt off grass when backfilling wont eat the grass up.

/ Front blade #6  
Curtis snow plows and cabs makes a tractor blade for plowing snow that has an optional lock so that it can be used for moving soil.