Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Silver Member

Default Re: Pulling over trees...

Quote Originally Posted by lastborn View Post
    Wyobuckaroo, I want to hear more about that tree popper. Do you know where the link is?
    Thanks
    Here you go. I thought I had a picture of one in use but could not find. The choker attaches to the tree.

I save some of the old smaller tires. I then clip them to a chain, cable or rope when pulling. If it gives, the tires will help bring it down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1a-jpg   -1b-jpg  

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200-GST 4WD

I have a 5ft Bucket that was bent by heavy round bales on a spike, after putting the bucket in the stump are you using the curl of the Loader to straighten it or moving the tractor?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCobra View Post
    I thought I would show a couple of pictures on how you can straighten a bent bucket by putting it in the stump. To bend the bucket, repeat the process in the other direction!

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Quote Originally Posted by pat32rf View Post
    You have never seen a chain under tension break! Few people have because the chain moves faster than your eye can follow...
    Interestingly, I have. I had my 10K winch on my truck tied to a couple small trees and the back of the truck tied to a tree to keep it locked down. The choker chain was a smallish one and not to good of shape but I was really working the winch with about 20 feet extended yet. The choker popped and started flying toward the truck about 5' in the air and I just reached up and snagged it before it hit the truck. Certainly lucky but next time I am using a heavier duty choker.
    JD 3720 with R4s
    X740

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by Deere Dude View Post
    Interestingly, I have. I had my 10K winch on my truck tied to a couple small trees and the back of the truck tied to a tree to keep it locked down. The choker chain was a smallish one and not to good of shape but I was really working the winch with about 20 feet extended yet. The choker popped and started flying toward the truck about 5' in the air and I just reached up and snagged it before it hit the truck. Certainly lucky but next time I am using a heavier duty choker.
    Yes to the heavier chain. But your truck getting smashed is way preferable to your hand being torn off. Next time, get the heck outta the way. If you haven't seen the video of a ship's anchor chain breaking that Mace(?) posted a while back, go search for it. You'll never grab at it again.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH TC40DA

Quote Originally Posted by stonypass View Post
    I have a 5ft Bucket that was bent by heavy round bales on a spike, after putting the bucket in the stump are you using the curl of the Loader to straighten it or moving the tractor?
    I was curling. If you stick it in too far (or not far enough) you might end up with an additional bend.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200-GST 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCobra View Post
    I was curling. If you stick it in too far (or not far enough) you might end up with an additional bend.
    My bend is worse at the leading edge of the bucket, but there is some further back as well. Guess I should not put the edge too far into the stump and work slowly.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD4300

Just took another look at that broken strap. Did it break where the hook was wrapped around the tree and hooked back onto the strap????

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5083E MWFD, Kubota L3400 HST

Quote Originally Posted by ETpilot View Post
    Here you go. I thought I had a picture of one in use but could not find. The choker attaches to the tree.

I save some of the old smaller tires. I then clip them to a chain, cable or rope when pulling. If it gives, the tires will help bring it down.
    Anybody every try the bi-pod idea? looks like its pretty time consuming to set up/PITA but it might work well?
    '11 John Deere 5083E, 563NSL Loader, MX10 Mower, 78" Bucket, Forks/Bale spear (interchangeable)
    L3400 Kubota HST Loader, finish mower, rake, scraper blade, Gin pole, Kustom Fab front hydraulic snow plow (Inspired by ASGAR),

'01 International 4700 LP, DT530, Allison MD3060, Air Ride, Crew Cab
    '11 Moritz 20+5 14.5K GN with adj. Tail
    '95 CR 500
    FIL-JD 4020; Ford 9600,5000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123