Pulling over trees...

/ Pulling over trees... #21  
Wyobuckaroo, I want to hear more about that tree popper. Do you know where the link is?
Thanks

Here you go. I thought I had a picture of one in use but could not find. The choker attaches to the tree.

I save some of the old smaller tires. I then clip them to a chain, cable or rope when pulling. If it gives, the tires will help bring it down.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 449
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 414
   / Pulling over trees... #22  
I have a 5ft Bucket that was bent by heavy round bales on a spike, after putting the bucket in the stump are you using the curl of the Loader to straighten it or moving the tractor?

I thought I would show a couple of pictures on how you can straighten a bent bucket by putting it in the stump. To bend the bucket, repeat the process in the other direction! :D

/ Pulling over trees... #23  
You have never seen a chain under tension break! Few people have because the chain moves faster than your eye can follow...

Interestingly, I have. I had my 10K winch on my truck tied to a couple small trees and the back of the truck tied to a tree to keep it locked down. The choker chain was a smallish one and not to good of shape but I was really working the winch with about 20 feet extended yet. The choker popped and started flying toward the truck about 5' in the air and I just reached up and snagged it before it hit the truck. Certainly lucky but next time I am using a heavier duty choker.

/ Pulling over trees... #24  
Interestingly, I have. I had my 10K winch on my truck tied to a couple small trees and the back of the truck tied to a tree to keep it locked down. The choker chain was a smallish one and not to good of shape but I was really working the winch with about 20 feet extended yet. The choker popped and started flying toward the truck about 5' in the air and I just reached up and snagged it before it hit the truck. Certainly lucky but next time I am using a heavier duty choker.

Yes to the heavier chain. But your truck getting smashed is way preferable to your hand being torn off. Next time, get the heck outta the way. If you haven't seen the video of a ship's anchor chain breaking that Mace(?) posted a while back, go search for it. You'll never grab at it again.

/ Pulling over trees...
I have a 5ft Bucket that was bent by heavy round bales on a spike, after putting the bucket in the stump are you using the curl of the Loader to straighten it or moving the tractor?

I was curling. If you stick it in too far (or not far enough) you might end up with an additional bend.

/ Pulling over trees... #26  
I was curling. If you stick it in too far (or not far enough) you might end up with an additional bend.

My bend is worse at the leading edge of the bucket, but there is some further back as well. Guess I should not put the edge too far into the stump and work slowly.

/ Pulling over trees... #27  
Just took another look at that broken strap. Did it break where the hook was wrapped around the tree and hooked back onto the strap????

/ Pulling over trees... #28  
Here you go. I thought I had a picture of one in use but could not find. The choker attaches to the tree.

I save some of the old smaller tires. I then clip them to a chain, cable or rope when pulling. If it gives, the tires will help bring it down.

Anybody every try the bi-pod idea? looks like its pretty time consuming to set up/PITA but it might work well?