50 hrs allready!!!! :(

/ 50 hrs allready!!!! :( #1  

High Compression

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60
In the past couple of days I've learned some new things about my L5740 Grand. First, it has self canceling turn signals. How cool is that! And today I was seeding for a buddy and "50hr Service Inspect" popped up on the display. Another cool feature!
Now as cools as that was to see, being my 4th Kubota, I'm pretty familiar what that means. $$$:( Oh well guess I'll grab the books and go to the shop and start servicing. At least this one doesn't have a transmission screen to clean like my B3030 did. That was a pain to take out without loosing all of the high $ Super UDT. Gotta get it done so I can keep :tractor: ing.

/ 50 hrs allready!!!! :( #2  
Ya, the hours come quick sometimes.This winter has been so easy I have only put 20 hours on mine and 14 of those were running my pto generator.Spring time plowing is when my hours add up quick.

/ 50 hrs allready!!!! :( #3  
Time flys by when having fun. ;)

/ 50 hrs allready!!!! :(
Ya, the hours come quick sometimes.This winter has been so easy I have only put 20 hours on mine and 14 of those were running my pto generator.Spring time plowing is when my hours add up quick.

Time flys by when having fun. ;)

Very true guys. The bad thing is we didn't have a winter this year either. Normally I average 250 hrs per winter season per tractor pushing snow. Guess with the milder winter I've found other things to do with the L 5740. :thumbsup:

/ 50 hrs allready!!!! :( #5  
   / 50 hrs allready!!!! :( #7  
HST transmission filters seem to be tightened by a sumo wrestler on steriods no matter what brand of tractor you buy. It makes you feel like the little guy in this photo. HST filters have to withstand 200 PSI+ and they must tell the assemblers to tighten them all they can. Maybe the instructions are, "Tighten 3/4 turn after the gasket makes contact. Then go get the big guy and big wrench to complete the job." :laughing:

images

/ 50 hrs allready!!!! :( #8  
True, but the original tranny filter didn't want to come off. This was ridiculous. I had to use a 36" pipe wrench to break it loose. :mad: I tried a filter wrench, a spanner wrench, big channel locks, hammer and punch on the spanner notches. :mur:

Ours had 700 hours on when we bought it, so didn't have to fight a new one thankfully.

/ 50 hrs allready!!!! :( #9  
Been there before w/wrench HC.
I even oil the gasket than appy filter,seems grit/dirt tightens the filter more so before next change.

The guy that puts those filters on, could put an ad on Craig's list to come and take them back off. He would make a killing.