Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Re: Help with Hourmeter

Powershop,

You are correct. We had these units on our Ariens cira 72. White and red use the white/red scale, red is minutes and white is hours. The yellow uses the inner scale for hours. Your calculations are correct if it has gone around once.

Enjoy,
    Michael

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910, also Honda HT3813 with mower and front blade.

gator,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll bet the red lines on the outer range are reminders for check, clean, grease, tighten or change. )</font>

Yeah, I think you're right, and now that I think about it and understand how this thing works, it's pretty neat. I like the reminder on the maintenance due. Not that it's that difficult, but it was an interesting way to deal with the technology available at the time.

I guess the big down-side is that there's no real indication when it's cycled completely through and started another cycle.

~Rick

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

SEEMS TO ME THAT WE HAVE SOME PRETTY SHARP GUYS ON THIS FORUM! but any thing that gets such a wide range of opnions 63 hrs. to 726 hrs. seems like a tough one to read. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] mabey it is just me as i get older, i don't want to have to dechiper an hour meter. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2910, also Honda HT3813 with mower and front blade.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but any thing that gets such a wide range of opnions 63 hrs. to 726 hrs. seems like a tough one to read. )</font>

Ahhhh....c'mon Frank. It's no different then all those "vintage" cars whose odometer "only" went to 99,999.9 miles and then reset. You do remember those, don't you? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As one who grew up during the dawn of the "PC"/computer age, I am always intrigued by pre-computer mechanical systems of all types. Even though this isn't "ancient", it still shows some clever thinking on the part of the the designer(s).

~Rick

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

Rick: sad to say i can rember those cars [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] also can remember having to use a hand crank to start the tractors, set the throttle, set the spark, put the crank on and give it a twirl, also get your hands off it quick, some of those things kicked back quite a bit . i think i like it better now. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12