Tires industrial tires vs agri

/ industrial tires vs agri #1  

koisw

Tractor
kubota l3940
Just bought a kubota l3940, i have aprox 3 hours on it and now. I am getting near stuck in my 3 acres of mud. Im I being optimistic that it should be able to do loader dirt work while its so wet? Or would having agri tires make the difference? Or should I leave that for the spring/summer when it dries. Im in western washington and my soil has alot of clay which does not help.

/ industrial tires vs agri #2  
I replaced my stock tires with ag tires not long after I bought my tractor. Getting stuck in mud no more.

/ industrial tires vs agri #3  
Ag tires work well in mud and clay but they make a mess.It's a trade off.My wife gives me heck when I'm on her lawn.

/ industrial tires vs agri #4  
Kiosw, are your tires filled or have extra weight on ? Ag tires are better in mud but they can get stuck as well.

/ industrial tires vs agri #5  
There are tons of posts here about people getting stuck in mud with all sorts of tires. My personal experience is that I have to choose my work days carefully this time of year. Right now it's real muddy, which makes it easy to get stuck and/or make a mess out of the yard. When you consider the weight of tractors and the contact area (or PSI) of the tires, it's obvious they can be trouble in mud, regardless of what tires you're running.

/ industrial tires vs agri #6  
Chains should help out some, so that's something you can consider.

/ industrial tires vs agri
yes tires are filled...it is just a shame because where I live, 30 min outside seattle it rains......alot. Never thought of chains and you cant lower the psi in the tires because they are filled. Guess I should start on the fence building. Dealer was supposed to have agricultural tires on it...seems like a small project to change them out now.

/ industrial tires vs agri #8  
Ags will help a lot in muddy conditions over industrials. If your doing a lot of loader work on dry or hard ground then the industrials would be a good choice but if its sloppy conditions and you don't have to worry as much about ruts then ags are the way to go. If your tractor was suppose to have them on then have it done. I think you will be a lot happier with the added traction you gain instantly.

/ industrial tires vs agri #9  
Chains should help out some, so that's something you can consider.
Might be a good idea if you're going to plow snow with the tractor too.
I have Ag's and clay soil and the tractor doesn't get stuck too much until its making ruts deep enough to drag the front axle... Of course making ruts like that is a big mess but if you have to get something done in the mud that day, Ag's do work the best.
If you need to drive on your lawn more than the odd time, then Ag's are not for you as I find I need very dry conditions not to make 2" deep lug tracks.

/ industrial tires vs agri #10  
We have both and park them all when it's muddy, but you may not have that option. We have worked tractors with Ag and Industrial tires side by side and Ags are the clear choice for that.

Last edited: