Oil & Fuel Ford 6000 hydraulics

/ Ford 6000 hydraulics #1  

Aussiebushman

Gold Member
Jerrong, south of Oberon in NSW, Australia
Tractor
Ford 6000
Does anyone know the best point to bleed the hydraulic system on a Ford 6000 please?

I recently had to disconnect the hydraulic lines to repair the ram on the front blade and though the reservoir has been topped up, there must be air in the system because the 3-point lift is playing up. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it will not respond to the lever for several attempts, then activates suddenly with great force.

Advice appreciated

Alan

/ Ford 6000 hydraulics #2  
It has a nitrogen pressured accumulator to enable hydraulic components to function after the engine has been stopped. I have long since forgotten what little I actually knew about that model as it was dropped soon after my arrival on the scene and I never got into it.

/ Ford 6000 hydraulics #3  
i dont know if i can help you or not.but heres the q i want to ask you about your hydro pump on the 6000.with the engine running an you reach down an move the lever does the pump growl an rumble.if so them your hydro pump maybe going out.ive ran a 6000 for a good while,an ive had the pump go out on me 2 or times.an it would make alot of noise as it was going out everytime id try to raise or lower it.

/ Ford 6000 hydraulics #4  
I have a set of service and parts manuals for the 6000, but I do not know about shipping them to Australia? Let me know by private mail if you are interested. Philip.

/ Ford 6000 hydraulics
No Bigbull, there is no "growling noise that would be caused by air in the system.

Philip, yes, I am interested in the manuals. How much do you want for them?

Surface mail is fairly reasonable and obviously I would cover that. My daughter lives in Boston and could mail them if you can get them to her

Cheers

Alan

/ Ford 6000 hydraulics #6  
I have a set of service and parts manuals for the 6000, but I do not know about shipping them to Australia? Let me know by private mail if you are interested. Philip.

That is a real find these days. Good of you to offer them. :thumbsup: