You know you've got 'it' bad when.....

/ You know you've got 'it' bad when..... #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
You know you\'ve got \'it\' bad when.....

..every project that comes up, the first thing you think is 'How can i use the tractor to fix this? '...

I noticed my electric fence wasn't operating. So I started driving the fence line, and when i got to the back corner, I noticed a large limb from a broad leafed tree had partially broken and was lieing across the the fence and my turkey coop. Luckilly the extra bracing from the turkey coop held the 3board / wire fence up. But that was the source of the fence fault. The top 'hot wire' on the fence was now generously touching the wire fence...

As soon as i saw it I though... How am i going to use the tractor to fix this. ..Ironically, everything is positined so that I can't get the tractor in the area to maneuver to do any real 'work' the only thing I can do is tie the limb off to the tractor and use it as a weight, while i finish cutting it. No chance of further damage to the fence, or the limb falling on the tractor as it is a low one, protruding from the tree at only about 7' up.
Oh well.. looks like I actually have to do some work.....

Soundguy

/ You know you've got 'it' bad when..... #2  
Re: You know you\'ve got \'it\' bad when.....

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ..every project that comes up, the first thing you think is 'How can i use the tractor to fix this? '...)</font>

Been there - done that
Amazing how these little machines affect our lives.

/ You know you've got 'it' bad when..... #3  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( ..every project that comes up, the first thing you think is 'How can i use the tractor to fix this? '...)</font>

Been there - done that
Amazing how these little machines affect our lives. )</font>

...and the really ironic thing is how much time and effort we spend figuring out how to use our tractors to do the work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ You know you've got 'it' bad when..... #4  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...and the really ironic thing is how much time and effort we spend figuring out how to use our tractors to do the work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. )</font>

My neighbor has a sign in his shop;

STOP - THINK ABOUT IT
There must be a
harder way to do it!

/ You know you've got 'it' bad when..... #5  

Yeah on some jobs it may take longer with the tractor, but it is my "back". With a bad back I could not do many of the things I do without the tractor. The loader is great, moved about 2 tons of scrap steel today with it. Could not have done it without it.
I just bought this place last year and so far the largest crop has been iron, just about getting it cleaned up though.

/ You know you've got 'it' bad when..... #6  

SOUNDGUY: u are one sick puppy ! i never look for ways to use my tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif just the other day i came across another way to use it, i had this old can of car wax, did not know what to do with it so i put it on the tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ You know you've got 'it' bad when.....

Got ya beat... I purposely went out and bought some way made for ag products at the ( ouch!) local John deer dealer. I waxed my 8n with it... need to do my NAA... funny enough.. I havn't waxed my truck .. but my tractor is...!

Soundguy