3 point hitch Draw Bar

/ 3 point hitch Draw Bar #21  
   / 3 point hitch Draw Bar
Thanks for all the help guys. Your guidance has saved me from doing something dangerous. I am going to pull the pin on the draw bar(by the way didn't know you could do this until you told me) and extend it out far enough to hook up the trailer.

thanks
Damon

/ 3 point hitch Draw Bar #23  
Thanks for posing your questions "damon c", I am fairly new to using a tractor and your post generated saftey issues that I may have created for myself. In particular the verticle movement of the 3pt under a trailer load - had not considered this, thanks "rambler" and "Baby Grand" for pointing out workable solutions and maybe saving me and my tractor from potential damage.

Attachments

• IMG_6845.jpg
    IMG_6845.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 2,072
   / 3 point hitch Draw Bar #24  
Thanks for posing your questions "damon c", I am fairly new to using a tractor and your post generated saftey issues that I may have created for myself. In particular the verticle movement of the 3pt under a trailer load - had not considered this, thanks "rambler" and "Baby Grand" for pointing out workable solutions and maybe saving me and my tractor from potential damage.

From the pic I'd say you are set up to pull just about anything :thumbsup:

I use the grapple hooks that you have on the crossbar as well, but mine are turned over to keep the chain in when it goes slack.

Thanks to the comments made here I'll find a way to strap the link down - just in case. These types of things are best done when not needed because usually when they are needed it's too late!

/ 3 point hitch Draw Bar #25  
<snip>

Thanks to the comments made here I'll find a way to strap the link down - just in case.

You are welcome & that's why I like this place. Lots of ideas.

These types of things are best done when not needed because usually when they are needed it's too late!

That's exactly how I found out - a heavy load shifted toward the back of the trailer while I was backing down a slight incline. This caused the front of the trailer to lift the 3pt up slightly. The increased incline caused the load to shift further aft and so on until it was against the tailgate. My bad for "failure to secure the load". I had to wrassle the load up the incline & secure it before I could continue.