Tractor Pulling Tool Preferrence

/ Tractor Pulling Tool Preferrence #21  
He sat down because he didn't want anything running down his pants legs.

Neither would I...
Can't see it in the video, but I think that may have been a near death experience for that man.

/ Tractor Pulling Tool Preferrence #22  
An old off road technique:

Two chains, one to the tow and one to the towee, with an old tire in the midde: tow----------------O------------------towee

The tire supplies elasticity and allows inertia of a slow drive-off (not a running hard jerk) of the tow vehicle to transfer smoothly to the towee.

/ Tractor Pulling Tool Preferrence #23  
Rock crawling and four-wheeling is my biggest hobby, so we get a lot of use out of 'snatch straps'. It is made to yank on and stretch to provide extra pulling force. The one I'm currently using is nylon, 4-5" wide and rated for 60,000lbs, also has loop ends on it, not metal hooks (that's important.)

I've had them break before, and as long as they don't have metal hooks, they aren't very dangerous. What is dangerous is when either a) what you have the strap attached to rips loose, or b) one with metal hooks comes loose. A flying piece of metal on the end of the strap can be deadly.

As for tractors, if we have something big enough to pull with we just hook up an appropriate sized chain and give it a slow steady pull. If something is stuck really bad then we use the aforementioned snatch strap and get a good run at the pull. Usually yanks it out on the first try. My uncle has a huge 4" dia nylon snatch rope that he used to use for pulling out combines and big 150-200hp 4wd tractors. Same principle, hook up, back up and get a running start. It's impressive to see a combine get yanked out of the mud by a big 4wd tractor with a running start. :D

/ Tractor Pulling Tool Preferrence #24  
Can you give some more details about your kill rope? Pics maybe? From the sounds of it, you wrap up one end of it, but how do you know which end is going to break first?:confused::confused3:

Sorry I missed this. It is just a 20+ foot 1/2" nylon rope braided into the loop not the hook of the main rope. I coil it and use a rubber band to hold it together. If the hook breaks on my end well sorry. You can use a kill rope at both ends if you wish. The kill rope is hooked to something that won't be pulled off if the main rope tears it off, like a trailer hitch. CJ

/ Tractor Pulling Tool Preferrence #25  
Sorry I missed this. It is just a 20+ foot 1/2" nylon rope braided into the loop not the hook of the main rope. I coil it and use a rubber band to hold it together. If the hook breaks on my end well sorry. You can use a kill rope at both ends if you wish. The kill rope is hooked to something that won't be pulled off if the main rope tears it off, like a trailer hitch. CJ

Sort of like a safety chain on a trailer?