Bet this never happened to anyone

/ Bet this never happened to anyone #1  

MF1652

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 John Deere 3039R
I was about to leave my house and noticed smoke coming from the front of my tractor. It looked like someone was standing beside the tractor smoking a cigarette.

I used my tractor this morning to load some horse manure for a guy. I found a small amount of dried manure resting under one of the headlamps. The lense was acting like a prism and focused the sun light onto the manure catching it on fire. I was shocked.

Attachments

• image-3878986034.jpg
    image-3878986034.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 755
   / Bet this never happened to anyone #2  
That is some hot poop and by the look of that Horse poop I think your feeding them way too much FIBER! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad you got a sharp eye and caught it! No telling what you would found when you got back! :thumbsup:

/ Bet this never happened to anyone #3  
I was about to leave my house and noticed smoke coming from the front of my tractor. It looked like someone was standing beside the tractor smoking a cigarette.

I used my tractor this morning to load some horse manure for a guy. I found a small amount of dried manure resting under one of the headlamps. The lense was acting like a prism and focused the sun light onto the manure catching it on fire. I was shocked.
Good eye, but for your and your tractors safety it's the graveyard shift from now on while scooping poop with your super duper pooper scooper..:laughing:

/ Bet this never happened to anyone #4  
Sounds like your tractor was smoking a little labrador ... er ... I mean equine gold there. Glad you stopped that before she got dizzy and/or lazy. :laughing:

/ Bet this never happened to anyone #5  
Now that is something, if you had not seen that smoke when you returned home and saw your tractor burned to a crisp you would have had not idea what happened ...Sure glad you saw that when you did....that is just how easy things can go wrong....I will do a walk around from now on before I just walk away after using my tractors...thanks for the heads up !

/ Bet this never happened to anyone #7  
'It was the city of Portland snow globe that tried to burn my house down' | Offbeat News | KPIC CBS 4 - News, Weather and Sports - Roseburg, OR

As improbable as it sounds, firefighters say a snow globe was to blame for a charred couch at a Milwaukie home on Saturday.

"It was the city of Portland snow globe that tried to burn my house down," Ken Gambell said.

On Saturday evening, the sun was in just the right position shining through the Portland snow globe perched in Gambell's window. It focused a beam of light directly on his couch.

That beam of light got hot enough that it started to burn the couch, setting off the smoke alarm. A neighbor heard the alarm, came to investigate and found the beam of light focused on the smoldering couch, according to Clackamas Fire District #1 spokesman Steve McAdoo.

/ Bet this never happened to anyone #8  
Boy that poop really got all over your tractor!

/ Bet this never happened to anyone #9  
Holy s____ that some octan. ;)

/ Bet this never happened to anyone
I never would have known it was that which lit my tractor on fire if I had not seen it myself. I was very lucky to catch it as I was leaving the house. I will definately make sure I brush the debris off next time before I walk away.