Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2010 Massey Ferguson 1652

Default Bet this never happened to anyone

I was about to leave my house and noticed smoke coming from the front of my tractor. It looked like someone was standing beside the tractor smoking a cigarette.

I used my tractor this morning to load some horse manure for a guy. I found a small amount of dried manure resting under one of the headlamps. The lense was acting like a prism and focused the sun light onto the manure catching it on fire. I was shocked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-3878986034-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N

Default Re: Bet this never happened to anyone

That is some hot poop and by the look of that Horse poop I think your feeding them way too much FIBER!

Glad you got a sharp eye and caught it! No telling what you would found when you got back!
    "keep them pots black, shiny, and full of good Food and Fellowship!"
    Moore Cookie

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NHtd75

Quote Originally Posted by MF1652 View Post
    I was about to leave my house and noticed smoke coming from the front of my tractor. It looked like someone was standing beside the tractor smoking a cigarette.

I used my tractor this morning to load some horse manure for a guy. I found a small amount of dried manure resting under one of the headlamps. The lense was acting like a prism and focused the sun light onto the manure catching it on fire. I was shocked.
    Good eye, but for your and your tractors safety it's the graveyard shift from now on while scooping poop with your super duper pooper scooper..

Gold Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1510 fwa with FEL

Sounds like your tractor was smoking a little labrador ... er ... I mean equine gold there. Glad you stopped that before she got dizzy and/or lazy.

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Now that is something, if you had not seen that smoke when you returned home and saw your tractor burned to a crisp you would have had not idea what happened ...Sure glad you saw that when you did....that is just how easy things can go wrong....I will do a walk around from now on before I just walk away after using my tractors...thanks for the heads up !
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Thanks for posting.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

'It was the city of Portland snow globe that tried to burn my house down' | Offbeat News | KPIC CBS 4 - News, Weather and Sports - Roseburg, OR

As improbable as it sounds, firefighters say a snow globe was to blame for a charred couch at a Milwaukie home on Saturday.

"It was the city of Portland snow globe that tried to burn my house down," Ken Gambell said.

On Saturday evening, the sun was in just the right position shining through the Portland snow globe perched in Gambell's window. It focused a beam of light directly on his couch.

That beam of light got hot enough that it started to burn the couch, setting off the smoke alarm. A neighbor heard the alarm, came to investigate and found the beam of light focused on the smoldering couch, according to Clackamas Fire District #1 spokesman Steve McAdoo.

Tractor
    Kubota L3540

Boy that poop really got all over your tractor!
    Kubota L3540 HST
    Kubota L4300 Gear *gone!*
    Ford F-350 6.9L diesel

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Holy s____ that some octan.

Tractor
    2010 Massey Ferguson 1652

I never would have known it was that which lit my tractor on fire if I had not seen it myself. I was very lucky to catch it as I was leaving the house. I will definately make sure I brush the debris off next time before I walk away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast