hay rake teeth

/ hay rake teeth #1  

dobber828

Tractor
ford naa
Good afternoon, Im taking over the old family farm of 25 acres. I recently purchased a decent shape mf 37 side delivery rake. (other than missing the dis-engaging part of the drive clutch) I went ahead and purchased a manual for it, when it arrived I noticed they were showing two different types of teeth. The metal coil spring kind and a rubber mount kind. The ones on the rake now are the metal type. They are all bent and looking rough. The rubber ones are about $1.50 cheaper than the metal. So my question.... is one superior to the other, or just for different types of hay? Thanks.

Attachments

• mf side delivery tooth 1.jpg
    mf side delivery tooth 1.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 325
  • mf side delivery tooth 2.jpg
    mf side delivery tooth 2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 387
   / hay rake teeth #2  
Either one will work, just depends on which one you like better. I sell more of the rubber tooth than the spring type.

/ hay rake teeth #3  
I prefer the rubber ones. They dont tend to tangle up like the spring ones do when you run through a small patch of weeds or vines.

/ hay rake teeth #4  
Reminds me of my first attempt of helping my father-in-law at his farm. It was hay season and he had about 450 acres to do - I was the city-slicker courting his daughter. Well I told him I'd help him out - went to the field and his son threw me on an old Massey (they had 4 tractors) with a rake on it - gave me instructions on a 50 acre field that they had just cut. I thought to myself, what is the big deal - dropped into 3rd high and just about had the field done when I saw my father-in-law waving his hands at the end of the field. Pulled-up - and he quietly said to me - me boy, I'd like some of the teeth on it when you are done? It was missing a couple. :)