Mowing HELP! Kubota bx2230

/ HELP! Kubota bx2230 #1  

ctette

Tractor
kubota bx2230
I don't have a manual for this - & it is my first tractor w/pto & 3pt hitch.
I don't know what all the levers do - right & left
I don't know what needs to be where to operate!
Now I have the mower deck raised, 3 pt raised, & am unable to lower mower deck to mow with!
whew!!
Is there help here?
thanks
carol

/ HELP! Kubota bx2230 #2  
Hi again, I answered in the other thread. But if that wasn't enough, just let us know. This is a terrific bunch of (mostly) guys here and extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

/ HELP! Kubota bx2230 #3  
And I bet Bri will move this over to the Kubota O/O forum list.

/ HELP! Kubota bx2230
Well, your response was terrific! Finally got to use my tractor/mower the other day - trying it out ... loving it... then noise starts. Lots of rattling from the mower deck. Also then my hydraulic seemed to do strange stuff.The mower does not lower via lever as it should, lots of noise from deck, but still mows. Then the deck was on the ground (very low)it didn't raise up via lever. When I turned the 3pt lowering knob, it lowered, did not do a good job of cutting then, still rattling clanking noises, still won't raise via lever. I did check for clogging, etc of the blades - clean - no clogs present. I wonder if this could indicate the need for a new deck belt? When I bought the tractor I could see the belt was very worn. I bought the new belt - but have not installed it. Thought I would wait until it breaks?
Iam concerned not being able to raise & loweer with shift lever as I should be able to do. I can already see i am going to love this tractor ... but I need to get some bugs outta here. Also, I'm thinking if mower belt is worn, is there a belt that raises & lowers the deck; and could that be causing a problem? My hope is maybe the deck belt is slipping & I need to change it.
I would sure appreciate input & help of any degree here. thanks a bunch ... I need all the help I can get ... and maybe more!!
Carol

Last edited:
   / HELP! Kubota bx2230 #5  
Well, I guess my first response is that these mowers are NOT whisper quiet.
You might need to check the driveshaft knuckles and make sure they are tight (a spot of grease wouldn't be bad either). On mine, if I take the mower off and pull it out, I can spin the shaft by hand and that should give you a good feel for whether the gearbox and/belt are solid enough.

For lifting the mower...hmmm.
OK, first realize that the 3ph lever is not a position-based lever, that is, you can not determine the exact position of the lift by where the lever sits. When you pull it up so as to get it to lift, it will auto-cancel back to the central, neutral position after the top is hit. Same with going down.

Can I assume you have checked the hydraulic oil in the rear end and it's isn't low? Do you know when the last servicing was done? Filter could be clogged and/or the screen might have crud in it. There was recently a post on another thread that somebody had a Case that wouldn't even pull itself across the yard. They serviced it and it took right off. They serviced it again in 2 weeks and it got even stronger.

So that's where I would start also. Unfortunately, you're coming dangerously close to the end of my expertise.

And I guess Bri is either on vacation or doesn't move a thread if it has been pointed out that it will likely happen. :laughing: