Kubota GST

/ Kubota GST #1  

tjintheshop

Tractor
Farmall 450-B-H
How does the GST work? Do you need to cluth between gears and between forward and reverse?

My girlfriend says no but why would the put a clutch on it then?

Thanks

/ Kubota GST #2  
dont have to clutch moving thru the gear range 1, 2, 3 etc no clutching. Forward and reverse no clutch needed either. If you want to slowing moving the tractor up a few inches then you can push clutch in. I use it very little- maybe when hooking up to my tiller or cutter I may have to move a inch or so and I use the clutch then... I have the L3240 GST..

Andy

/ Kubota GST #3  
Just like Agrantina said.

Also very nice for "feathering" a start - like when you're on the bleeding edge of digging into mud or spinning on ice and you just need to get the tires starting to roll without spinning them.

For loader work, I like to stomp on the brake to stop forward/aft movement before reversing direction to give the transmission some love.

/ Kubota GST #4  
How does the GST work? Do you need to cluth between gears and between forward and reverse?

Thanks

Your girl friend is right. Better listen to her! :laughing:

/ Kubota GST #5  

I'm not really sure why you would actually use the clutch on a GST. In the 600 hours I've put on my L4200GST, I think I might've stepped on the clutch pedal twice - both times just to see if it still worked.

JayC

/ Kubota GST #6  

Thanks

Safety. Doubt they could sell it without one, but you would rarely use it.

/ Kubota GST #7  
I think the only reason they put a clutch on the GST is to give us old guys who just made the switch to a GST something to do with our left foot!!!

I still find myself clutching ....old habits die hard!!

/ Kubota GST #8  
I only use my clutch when starting off, coming to a stop and shifting between foward and reverse. Never used the clutch to shift to a different gear.