shift

/ shift #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( stupid question.. whats a syncro shift and a shuttle shift? )</font>

syncro shift- Shift on the go. No need to stop to shift.

Shuttle shift- Shifter lever for foward and reverse on left side of steering column. Usually whatever gear you were in forward is the gear you will be in when you reverse.

/ shift
For the shuttle shift on my Ford 2120, I don't need to use the clutch.

GregM

/ shift #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For the shuttle shift on my Ford 2120, I don't need to use the clutch. )</font>

That would be a nice feature.
I believe John Deere's power reverser is the same way.

/ shift
The shuttle shifter on my MF FEL/BH is all hydraulic with a slushpot (fluid coupling) between the engine and the wheels. The factory manual encourages shuttling forward to reverse and back without taking your foot off the throttle, even at full speed. For FEL work, this can make a big difference. The hydraulics are cleverly designed to engage the fwd/rev gear clutches gradually. If you have a full loader and are backing up at speed, and shift into forward, then the front wheels lift and you feel like yelling "Hi Ho Silver, Away!!", or at the very least "YeeeHaa". My wife looks at me funny when I do that.
k2