Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2230D

Default Done with winter

I finally got the BX2230 out today and pulled the snow blower. But before it came off I run it a little to warm the gearbox oil before I drained and refilled it. No sign of moisture in the oil and just a small "scum" of silver? on the oil. I don't know what you guys use, but I use Marine lower unit grease, the same as I use in my 3 outboards. It's GL5 rated and friendly to all metals.

I built a dolly and store it auger down. If you ever store yours that way and the breather nut weeps oil, just get another plug screw (all 3 are the same thread) and install that for the summer.
    Put the breather nut in a baggie and wire tie it to the blower where you can't miss it so you can switch them next fall.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 855

Default Re: Done with winter

Took the blower off the front of my JD 855 about 10 days ago.
    Figured it would snow for sure when I did that. Not yet.
    Left the chains on. And have got a little rough dirt work done around the yard that I need to do.

Now it is threatening to rain so I can't complain.

(toyboy....... Birchwood Wi here)

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Same here,drop the plow and frame store away until Nov....seems like old man winter was on vacation.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2230D

Hey there Wyobuckaroo, I need to get over you way some day and check out the gun shop that advertises in the Shoppers. Maybe we can get together for coffee?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

One of the warmest and dryest winters on record here in Kansas. With lots of rain here in the eastern part, I've mowed three times. The chains and plow came off a month ago. The early garden seeds have been in for a month and are well on their way. I hope the potato sets haven't rotted due to so much rain. Now, if there is no late freeze, crops should be great and ahead of the real heat.
    Kubota B2620 HST

Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland T 1520

My snowblowers was attached to the tractor for about a week this year: a couple days before the blizzard until a couple days after - no complaints though.

I'm not going to completely put it away until after Arpil 1. A few years ago we had a Fool's Day storm, and I wouldn't put it past mother nature to do it again.

Tractor
    Case 1194, Ford 641, NH TT75A

I got sick of clanking up and down the road with the chains flopping around fetching round bales, so I dropped 'em where the tractor stood in the barn yesterday...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Case 1194, NH TT75A, Ford 600, Bobcat A300, balers, rakes, mowers, tedders, spreaders and lots of other toys as well...

- Jim

Tractor
    Kubota M7040 Narrow

Sure wish winter was over here. Sunk two tractors yesterday...and here's what Accuweather says today :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -accuweather-3-29-12-png  
    M7040 Narrow & LA754N FEL w/ QA bucket and fork, Antonio Carraro Tigre Country 4300, Caterpillar 35 forklift, Rankin 3-in1 soil conditioner, Rankin flail, Landpride rotary cutter, Kasco Vari-Slice Seeder, RES hydraulic hedger, Cima/Gearmore venturi air sprayer, Fimco boom sprayer, Rohrer Man Saver post driver, Speeco phd, Stihl phd, Rankin rear fork, pto hydraulic powerpack, etc.