First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics)

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #11  
I never use the automatic mode.
I tryed using automatic with my tiller, and the tiller was in the dirt before the automatic was low enough to switch back on. I didn't like my tiller turning on while already in the ground.
I could probably adjust the automatic switch a little to turn on a little sooner/higher.
But I never really saw the need for the automatic when the switch is so easy to just flip on/off when I need to.

Yea, I don't get what that auto on is even for.:confused:

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics)
k0ua said:
I am glad to hear that. My Dk35se should be here next week they are now saying. How smooth was the PTO engagement? was it a bang?, or fairly smooth?, I am used to the manual clutch PTO engagement on my present L3400hst and of course I throttle down, and engage slowly and then throttle up to 540 speed. But with no clutch and the PTO in essence engaging automaticly as you lower the 3pt, how smooth was that whole operation? It has me worried a bit. Thanks.
James K0UA

PS.. there are people around here that would kill or die for that kind of beautiful dirt.!

The pto engagement was smooth with no real jolt at around 1200 rpm. I did slip up once and it was near full t and wasn't a bang so to say, but you know it was on for sure. You are gonna be so happy with you new tractor! And we are lucky, the dirt in parts of Sussex county is so rich especially in my hometown. An acre there could yield as high as 10:1 vs western Sussex county land.

And this pic was from a little town called Gumboro Delaware in the southern central most portion of the state.

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #15  
That's a nice field and some good looking soil. I'd love soil like that in NC. A tiller is one thing I don't have yet, they seem to do a great job. Do you plant seed in the flat beds or hill them up now? What do you use to combat weeds in between the corn stalks. My single row cultivator does well in the row but is of no use between stalks.

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #16  
ForPetesSakeFarm

Glad you like your kioti, i thought you would. Ground looks nice but where's the rocks? If you don't have any, come to my place, i'll give you all you want and FREE too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . . . John

Ncnurseryman, I go flat primarily and too use a one row for weed control. Now in the plant spacing, a labor of love here: a husqvarna 128ldx with a small tiller boom and by hand go between each. Takes a little but it's relatively fast as compared to other methods. As market buyers here are lookin more and more toward organic, I'm going to run some separate from standard farm practice and compare the yield results vs time invested. Organic corn brings a pretty penny from what I've seen. It will be probably about a 2 yr trial before I decided to go o or stay.

Jpm, luckily the only rocks are little pebbles of broken asphalt next to the road and near the entrances. Really blessed to have such nice farm land.