First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics)

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #1  
Well the season has officially started with the first ground breaking. Tilled about an acre today took a couple hours to work it up real good. 3 total passes to get what you see in the second pic. First pic is after second pass. Planting to begin week after Easter as long as the weather doesn't get all crazy (like the 70 degree days and frost warning the same night like the past few days)

Attachments

• image-3944500781.jpg
    image-3944500781.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 358
  • image-501555213.jpg
    image-501555213.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 334
   / First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics)
Almost forgot, used a standard rotation woods 74 inch tiller. The kioti far surpassed my expectations and had tons of torque and I hardly knew the tiller was back there. First two passes were in low and the third was in mid. Used almost a half tank of fuel in the process. The auto-pto was awesome as I finished each pass to just lift, have the pto shut down as I turned and reengage as I entered the next pass. 3pt was smooth up and down all afternoon long. Not bashing the kubota L3800 I was looking at but I think I'm gonna be much happier with my kioti.

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #3  
Pretty work!! Nothing works the ground better than a rotatiller.

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #4  
Looks great, nice job.:thumbsup:

What do you intend to plant?

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics)
This plot will be sweet ice sweet corn (72-74 days) and should be ready for market near the week of 4th of July.

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #6  
Almost forgot, used a standard rotation woods 74 inch tiller. The kioti far surpassed my expectations and had tons of torque and I hardly knew the tiller was back there. First two passes were in low and the third was in mid. Used almost a half tank of fuel in the process. The auto-pto was awesome as I finished each pass to just lift, have the pto shut down as I turned and reengage as I entered the next pass. 3pt was smooth up and down all afternoon long. Not bashing the kubota L3800 I was looking at but I think I'm gonna be much happier with my kioti.

I am glad to hear that. My Dk35se should be here next week they are now saying. How smooth was the PTO engagement? was it a bang?, or fairly smooth?, I am used to the manual clutch PTO engagement on my present L3400hst and of course I throttle down, and engage slowly and then throttle up to 540 speed. But with no clutch and the PTO in essence engaging automaticly as you lower the 3pt, how smooth was that whole operation? It has me worried a bit. Thanks.
James K0UA

PS.. there are people around here that would kill or die for that kind of beautiful dirt.!

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #7  
I am glad to hear that. My Dk35se should be here next week they are now saying. How smooth was the PTO engagement? was it a bang?, or fairly smooth?, I am used to the manual clutch PTO engagement on my present L3400hst and of course I throttle down, and engage slowly and then throttle up to 540 speed. But with no clutch and the PTO in essence engaging automaticly as you lower the 3pt, how smooth was that whole operation? It has me worried a bit. Thanks.
James K0UA
Turning on a tiller or a finish mower while idled down with a independant PTO switch is no problem at all. You will not nitice it being that abrubt switching on.
Where you will notice it is on a brush mower. They turn on pretty hard/abrupt.
Just make sure your idled down when you turn on the brush mower and you should be fine.

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #9  
Turning on a tiller or a finish mower while idled down with a independant PTO switch is no problem at all. You will not nitice it being that abrubt switching on.
Where you will notice it is on a brush mower. They turn on pretty hard/abrupt.
Just make sure your idled down when you turn on the brush mower and you should be fine.

:thumbsup: I understand, the Rotary cutter has more mass to get spin up I guess, and therefore would be rough on the PTO hydraulic clutches not to mention shear bolts. You would not want to run your rotary cutter in the automatic mode then.

James K0UA

/ First till with DK35 and 74" woods (pics) #10  
:thumbsup: I understand, the Rotary cutter has more mass to get spin up I guess, and therefore would be rough on the PTO hydraulic clutches not to mention shear bolts. You would not want to run your rotary cutter in the automatic mode then.

James K0UA
I never use the automatic mode.
I tryed using automatic with my tiller, and the tiller was in the dirt before the automatic was low enough to switch back on. I didn't like my tiller turning on while already in the ground.
I could probably adjust the automatic switch a little to turn on a little sooner/higher.
But I never really saw the need for the automatic when the switch is so easy to just flip on/off when I need to.