Farming????

/ Farming???? #11  
I'm still not clear on what you are attempting, but it sounds like you need to talk to the appropriate people. I'll second talking with your local Farm Services Administration (FSA) office. This could also be important to make sure that there are no restrictions on what you are wanting to do, as well as finding out if there are any programs that can help you with cost sharing. Check out the FSA website for more information, but be sure to talk to someone so you have a better handle on how to proceed.

The FSA office might even redirect you to the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) office who work with restoring land back to native grasses if that is what you are wanting to do. They are usually located in the same building as the FSA office. With both the FSA and the NRCS offices, they will most likely have other area farmers or contractors who will plant the seed for you on a cost sharing basis. We have used a variety of these programs over the years, and I have been generally pleased with their assistance and the farmers/contractors they recommended. You need special equipment to drill the seed to get good germination. If you try to just broadcast and turn the seed under with a light disking, you will most likely be disappointed with the results. It will almost certainly be more cost effective to do it right the first time by letting folks with the correct equipment do the job.

Good luck!

Last edited: