Farming????

/ Farming???? #1  

xgraysonx

Tractor
Farmall B
So we have a few acres at our family farm and it might need to get reseeded this summer. Can the tilling be done just with like a 4 blade cultivator? Pa I might sound stil but I don't know about this stuff :p

/ Farming???? #2  
So we have a few acres at our family farm and it might need to get reseeded this summer. Can the tilling be done just with like a 4 blade cultivator? Pa I might sound stil but I don't know about this stuff :p

Few acres: like 2,3,4,5 more?
4 blade cultivator: I assume you mean a rototiller. Is it a walk-behind or tractor mounted?
Reseeded: with what?

/ Farming????
Honestly size wise I'm not sure it's like prolly 2-3miles x 1 mile? I have to take a look at the property lines and it would be all tractor mounted stuff, and seeded with crp seeds. Sorry if in not being very informing I don't know much about this haha

/ Farming???? #5  
Honestly size wise I'm not sure it's like prolly 2-3miles x 1 mile? I have to take a look at the property lines and it would be all tractor mounted stuff, and seeded with crp seeds. Sorry if in not being very informing I don't know much about this haha
Not a few acres.
larry

/ Farming???? #6  

1mile x 1 mile = 1 section = 640 acres.

1 mile x 3 miles = 3 sections = 1920 acres.

That's quite a spread:eek:. Something doesn't compute here. I thought we were talking about a few acres that you want to till.

/ Farming???? #7  
1mile x 1 mile = 1 section = 640 acres.

1 mile x 3 miles = 3 sections = 1920 acres.

That's quite a spread:eek:. Something doesn't compute here. I thought we were talking about a few acres that you want to till.
He might possibly be referring to his Grandparent's family farm. He mentioned this fact in another post in another member's thread. Just a thought?

/ Farming????
Yes it's family farm and I'm not sure how large an acre is so I just said a few haha and it's more like 1.5mi x .50-.75 mi. This is al guesses :/ I'll talk to my gramma about the exact numbers tomorow.... I feel like an idiot :p

/ Farming???? #10  
Lease it to someone. It's done here for corn and works great. They do everything. If it's. Hay ground you can make a deal for part of the hay if you have a use for it. Being unfamiliar with farming I wouldn't try learning with that much land. Just watch and learn from people that do it for a living. Then try a small piece if you want.
Just a thought, I wish I had that much ground to use.
Best of luck.