Advesives

/ Advesives #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
My ran our JD 275 rider into a tree and knocked a pc. of trim on the left rear side off. It's has 2 pins that hold the plastic trim to the steel body.
I've tried Crazy Glue gel and 2 part epoxy with out luck. JD wants $165 bucks for a new one, not that it would be of any help.
I've been in Depot and they must carry 30 different brand of glue, one better that the rest.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mark

/ Advesives #2  
If you look at Woodcraft supply, or probably many other sources, you'll see instant adhesive, cyanocrylic glues, that come in a selection of different thicknesses for different applications. Here's a link, just to show what I am talking about:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Fastcap-2-P10KIT-2-P10-Adhesive-Kit/dp/B00008US7G/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1333581959&sr=8-14]Amazon.com: 2-P10 Adhesive Kit: Home Improvement[/ame]
One of those, in a medium thickness, or maybe a heavier thickness, used with an activator, should do the trick. The best place to buy it I've found is a model railroad hobby shop- modelers use a lot of it.

/ Advesives #3  
I could give you an answer if I saw the piece your referring to.

We re-attach parts to vehicles all day in the body shop. If you have a shop close by, I suggest taking the piece to them, and they will no doubt have, either some clips to replace the broken ones, 2 faced tape, or some butyl tape they can stick on there for you.

/ Advesives #4  

Use Devcon Plastic Welder II. I've used this with stellar results on motorcycle plastic. Bonus: made in USA! Avail at Wallyworld. Maybe HD too, don't know.

Second choice (which I haven't tried yet, but has excellent reviews) is WEST System G/Flex epoxy. Avail at marine supply stores.

/ Advesives #5  
G'day I use "Q BOND" all the time and have had great success with it, it even comes with filler powder so you can build up and strengthen the area. I get it from my local auto parts don't know where you would find it over there though

Jon