Is This a Clover

/ Is This a Clover #1  

dieselscout80

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
Is this a clover with the yellow flowers?

Attachments

• IMAG0606.jpg
    IMAG0606.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 345
   / Is This a Clover #2  
assuming the yellow flowers are attached to the 3 leaf clover leaves, then, IMHO, yes. Hard to tell, several plants in the photo.

/ Is This a Clover #4  
dieselscout80 said:
Is this a clover with the yellow flowers?

Yes...... It is yellow clover. It looks nice when mixed with red clover. Does not like heat and may go dormant by summer.

/ Is This a Clover #5  
That stuff grows around my place too. I never wondered what it was. Some years I'll take anything green that grows . It seems that everything does some good in this world. Last winter I noticed the Chickadees and Juncos were enjoying all the Crabgrass and Knotweed seeds in my back yard.:cool:

/ Is This a Clover #6  
Looks like one of the "hop" clovers common in the south. Up here we
have yellow sweet clover which has a long flower stalk. Not sure if it
is common down your way or not.

/ Is This a Clover #7  
What I call "Yellow Sweet Clover" grows well here also. It gets about 2-3 feet tall. I've planted it just for the heck of it. I think the bee keepers like it too. The OP picture is most likely Black Medic, now that I've looked it up and compared it to what volunteers around here in poor soil.

/ Is This a Clover #8  
I see some vetch in the picture also, the soil in the photo is almost surely nitrogen deficient.

/ Is This a Clover #9  
Fossil is right, looks like hop clover to me too. It is very common around these parts.

/ Is This a Clover #10  
You might want to look up 'Birdsfoot Trefoil' which is a non-bloating legume related to clover and alfalfa. Your buds look a little small, but perhaps different north to south on them?

--->Paul