Seized Water Pump. Not happy

/ Seized Water Pump. Not happy #1  

knightrider955

Silver Member
Tractor
Long 560
Fired up my Tractor for the first time this year. I heard a little squeeling sound but figured it just needed to be run from sitting outside all winter. All of the sudden there was a loud, continuos squeeling. I hopped off and looked only to find that my water pump wasnt turning. It is stuck solid. Funny thing is that usually when a water pump starts to go bad, it leaks. Not this one. Its bone dry. Never seen one sieze before. Ordered a new one. 85 Dollars!!!! Not a good start for the year. At least I was still in my driveway when it happened.

/ Seized Water Pump. Not happy #2  
85 bucks! Sounds like a steal to me. Last one I bought was $380 and had a blame plastic impellar on it. Btw, mine locked up without leaking also. That was the first one I ever had do me that way.

/ Seized Water Pump. Not happy #3  
$85 is a bargain......:thumbsup:

/ Seized Water Pump. Not happy
$85 is a bargain......:thumbsup:

Wow Im suprised that 85 is a bargain. Especially since my tractor was made in Romania and its old. Well thats good to hear!! On a lighter note, this is the first time I have put any money into it. Would leaving it outside all winter have anything to do with the water pump siezing?

/ Seized Water Pump. Not happy #5  
No it wouldnt.

/ Seized Water Pump. Not happy #6  
Thank goodness you can still get parts. You should check your antifreeze, change it if over 5 years. It has lube in it for the pump. You can also just purchase water pump lube additive at any auto parts store. How long since your last service?

Thank goodness you can still get parts. You should check your antifreeze, change it if over 5 years. It has lube in it for the pump. You can also just purchase water pump lube additive at any auto parts store. How long since your last service?

Ive never serviced it since Ive owned it, Im gonna put new antifreeze in it when I change the pump. Im also gonna change the oil and oil filter,

/ Seized Water Pump. Not happy #8  
Can I suggest a new belt as well. Hate for charging failure or a overheat from a glazed belt after your labor.:)
Gary

Can I suggest a new belt as well. Hate for charging failure or a overheat from a glazed belt after your labor.:)
Gary

I didnt even think of that!! Glad you said something!!! I'll order one today.