What Do You Do?

/ What Do You Do? #111  
I have a couple of farms that I lease the crop portion out to my uncle. I also help him farming his ground. It keeps me very busy maitaining my places plus helping in spring and fall. Oh ya, I also have a full time job as a building inspector for a city.

/ What Do You Do? #112  
Package Design and Analysis Engineer.

I coordinate teams of electrical, mechanical, thermal engineers and Designers to put together a package solution (substrate) for microprocessors and chip sets at Intel. Latest project is Ivy Bridge for mobile units. This will be my last as I am retiring in one week. :thumbsup:

/ What Do You Do? #113  
I retired from law enforcement at age 47. I moved from the big city to the country and never looked back. I also managed to retire from the US Navy Reserve, MCPO. I haven't been employed for the last 22 years. No regrets.

I am now Mr. Fix it repairing things in my shop. I also do home maintenance and also A&P on airplanes. None of this is full time as I do not want to be tied to full time work. My hobby is flying. I have a nice cross country airplane and I do about 4 long trips a year.

I would not trade a day for anything else.

/ What Do You Do? #114  
I retired from law enforcement at age 47. I moved from the big city to the country and never looked back. I also managed to retire from the US Navy Reserve, MCPO. I haven't been employed for the last 22 years. No regrets.

I am now Mr. Fix it repairing things in my shop. I also do home maintenance and also A&P on airplanes. None of this is full time as I do not want to be tied to full time work. My hobby is flying. I have a nice cross country airplane and I do about 4 long trips a year.

Sounds like a great life, Master Chief!!!:thumbsup:

/ What Do You Do? #115  
I also managed to retire from the US Navy Reserve, MCPO.

Master Chief,

I was an ET2/ss. I did ELINT on fast attack subs back when Ronuldus Maximus was POTUS.

Good to meet you sir.
Be well,
David

/ What Do You Do? #116  
I grew up in a family of miners. For most of my adult life I have run heavy equipment of one type or another both on the surface and under ground. I have also taught, drove truck, and worked in the oil & gas fields. Currently I work for the government as a mine inspector.

/ What Do You Do? #117  
I started working at an ealry age (compared to todays kids I guess).

Landscape work after school
hotel custodian\maintenance at age 15
Outdoor World campground maintenance and security guard
Yogi Bear grounds keeper
Logger (with my own Franklin skidder)
Potatoe Farmer (3000 acres)
Potatoe House worker (I got my PHD)

Vocational School-Metal Fabricator
Welder-making chip vans, oversized truck headboards, oversised logging trucks and other various projects.

US Army-PATRIOT missile-Ops and Intell
US Army 155 Howitzer-parts clerck and trigger man
US Airforce Combat Communications Information technology-VoIp.
Retired from the military after 22 years-4 years active and the rest national guard.

College Grad-2 degees
Computer electronics and applied science

Various jobs in IT with companies like BOSE, Central Maine Power, Maine Yankee Atomic Power, Fast Pak, Valcom. Doing various things like networking, field support, PC, Server etc...

Currently a Windows Support Admin for one of the largest banks in Canada (in the US side) supporting and maintaning 1000 windows servers on a 24x7 basis. Been hear for almost 15 years.
Thats all I can remember.

Hoping to retire at age 55. If I work after that it will be for pleasure.

/ What Do You Do? #118  
Started out as a mechanic for a Ford dealer and ended up with my Ford master technician. Then I went into research and development of petroleum additives. I was a builder of test stands to simulate transmissions, rear ends, and hydraulic pumps. After that I went back to the family farm where I raise poultry for tyson chicken. I also have cattle.

/ What Do You Do? #120  
Went to college for graphic arts, found I didn't like it, so spent a small bit of time working for a custom fiberglass fabricator as well as a little retail. Got sick of that, got hired at a large window factory and have been there for 20+ years doing everything from line work to custom fabrication to new employee orientation to public tours. I currently build bow and bay windows.

Now, with the prospect of moving from town to the farm, the drive to work will be too expensive, so I'm looking at another chapter somewhere else. Not sure yet, but I'm ready for a change.

Joe