Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Default Re: What Do You Do?

Musician here. I am back and forth to Nashville a few times a month.

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba73 View Post
    Musician here. I am back and forth to Nashville a few times a month.
    What instrument(s) do you play? I pick a banjo, and a guitar a little. I wouldn't do so in the city limits of Nashville, since surely they'd ride me out of town on a rail.
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620

Pedal Steel Guitar

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Well grew up an independant trucker son , worked on farm for 9 yrs, driving tractors, spreader truck, semi's, cleaning seed, running potato grader, building and repairing equipment. Went to Ford truck assy. plant for 12 yrs. , then 2 yrs, for degree in heavy vehicle technology. Then got a job at local school bus garage, last 2 1/2 years a road mechanic there. Side work with tractor driveways, phding, rough cut mowing, rototilling, rock, sand, topsoil, and yard clean up. Some roofing and building repairs. Help out local Yamaha dealer , assying atv's , dirt bikes, scooters, and wave runners. And repair and maintance when needed. As some would say , jack of all trades , master of one. Build what i need when i need it , trailers, and tractor equipment.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

I'm a marine diesel mechanic, specialized in fuel and governor systems. Been doing that for 27 years now, seems like yesterday..

Sean

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240HST

Here's a partial list of work I've done:
    As a kid: had a fish cleaning stand, sold vegetables door to door. In high school: worked as a beekeeper, pumped some gas, sold shoes and hamburgers. Worked my way through junior college as support staff at a combination wedding/funeral chapel. Also, harvested apples, and planted wine grapes. Lived for a while on a NH dairy farm and worked as dairy hand including feed crop work. We also did dirt work folks - backhoe, dozer, dump truck stuff. Plowed roads in winter. Moved back to CA - did some wrenching and welding. Began helping out in a friends machine shop which led to night classes and a twenty-some year "career" as a machinist. Returned to college followed by a stint as a teacher, mostly working with big hurt kids in alt-ed settings. Retired now but get in the occasional teacher mentoring gig and facilitate some parenting classes. Life is good. Retired nurse wife and I like to garden and look after the grandkids. The tractor helps me manage chores on our ten acres of paradise. How different all of our lives would have been were it not for the service of our veterans.
    If only I'd known then what I know now...except none of this existed back then.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba73 View Post
    Pedal Steel Guitar
    Cool!

I love Country Music!

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet LX1042

Spent 10 yrs as a Chef for the Marriott Corp, 25 Yrs as a Warehouseman in Freezers for an Ohio Food Distributor and 10 yrs as a Corrections Officer for the State of Florida. About 7 yrs ago the Mrs. told me that she was tired of me seeing the Boogeyman behind every door and/or corner. That it was time for me to retire. After stacking up enough nickles and dimes, I figured we just might be able to work it out. We bought land and built our forever home on it. Life for me now entails fixing whatever the boarded horses on the land destroy or just plain wears out. As for equipment? I'm either in it or under it!

Tractor
    Shopping for my first!

Myself? I'm the Director of Sales - Northeastern United States for Monster Energy.

Pretty good gig. I've been with the company almost 8 years so I've lived nearly our entire growth story as its unfolded.

Lots of great "fringe-benefits" as you can imagine!

Tractor
    Shopping for my first!

Myself? I'm the Director of Sales - Northeastern United States for Monster Energy.

Pretty good gig. I've been with the company almost 8 years so I've lived nearly our entire growth story as its unfolded.

Lots of great "fringe-benefits" as you can imagine!

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast