What Do You Do?

/ What Do You Do? #254  
Professional TBN member. Been doing it full time now for about 6 months and looking forward to many more years of enjoying the posts.

/ What Do You Do? #255  
Nuclear power plant inspector using ultrasound, dye penetrant, magnetic particle and visual tools. We check the welds on the reactor and piping systems after so many cycles of the unit, ensuring there has not been any degradation. Verifying the piping supports are functional so on. I travel nationwide and have done so since 1987. I am a sub contractor. Its interesting using some cutting edge technology, particularly on the remote inspections...either due to accessibility issues, or radiation levels. Have been to 37 various sites nationwide. It nice to visit different parts of the country, and one can see the various moral standards from region to region. I have met some wonderful people over the years.

/ What Do You Do? #256  
Well, start spilling it. We want lots of answers.

Okay, maybe that is just something I pretended as a kid.

I am a financial consultant focusing on risk management. Not nearly as exciting as an Agent at a Super Secret Government Agency.

/ What Do You Do? #257  
Nuclear power plant inspector using ultrasound, dye penetrant, magnetic particle and visual tools. We check the welds on the reactor and piping systems after so many cycles of the unit, ensuring there has not been any degradation. Verifying the piping supports are functional so on. I travel nationwide and have done so since 1987. I am a sub contractor. Its interesting using some cutting edge technology, particularly on the remote inspections...either due to accessibility issues, or radiation levels. Have been to 37 various sites nationwide. It nice to visit different parts of the country, and one can see the various moral standards from region to region. I have met some wonderful people over the years.

Which company do you sub contract for? I am also in the nuclear industry, doing refueling.

/ What Do You Do? #258  
There are at least two more of us that were in the Nuclear industry! We were test depth dummies on submarines :)