What Do You Do?

/ What Do You Do? #41  
Retired Now, before that, Marine Corps/ Viet Nam -Tet Offensive 1968. Then worked for the IUE-CWA as Safety & Health Chairman doing PPE (personal Protective Equipment) training along with ANSI & OSHA Compliance training at General Electric sites that our members were employed at.
DevilDog

/ What Do You Do? #42  
Retired Now, before that, Marine Corps/ Viet Nam -Tet Offensive 1968. Then worked for the IUE-CWA as Safety & Health Chairman doing PPE (personal Protective Equipment) training along with ANSI & OSHA Compliance training at General Electric sites that our members were employed at.
DevilDog

Thank you for your service sir. I happen to know (because I study military history) that we WON the Tet Offensive and the media twisted it to make it sound like we lost... Things have not changed much.

I appreciate your service and sacrifice sir.

Be well.
David

/ What Do You Do? #43  
Navy 64 thru 70, General Aviation 70 thru 75, Northrop 75 thru 87 working on F5E aircraft [The ones in the movie Topgun (MIG 28's)] . 87 thru 1 jan 2012 USAirways Mechanic, Lead Mechanic, Inspector, Lead Inspector at one time or another. Now,Retired or is that retarded? putzing around and working on restoring a T34 Mentor aircraft.

/ What Do You Do? #44  
I am a sales engineer for Windstream Communications for the past 12 years, and going backwards, a telephone technician (PBX and Key systems) , and a 2 way radio Technician, and a Deputy Sheriff. Television Repair tech (remember when people used to have them fixed?:)) and a sewing machine mechanic on a manufacturing floor.

James K0UA

/ What Do You Do? #45  
Grew up helping on Grandpa's Farm. Earned a Degree in exercise physiology, and stated selling fitness equipment. I have been a general manager in retail fitness for 17 years, but I am setting out to turn myself into a "Gentleman Farmer" now, maybe just on the side, possibly full time.

/ What Do You Do? #46  
Kioti Tom, MossflowerWoods, DevilDog1, Glkingar, and any others I may have missed because of current paging of this thread,

I salute all of you for your service. You gave our country years off of your lifetime, may have suffered physical, emotional, and psychological injury.
Our country can never repay you for what you've given us.

I thank you.

/ What Do You Do? #47  
Kioti Tom, MossflowerWoods, DevilDog1, Glkingar, and any others I may have missed because of current paging of this thread,

I salute all of you for your service. You gave our country years off of your lifetime, may have suffered physical, emotional, and psychological injury.
Our country can never repay you for what you've given us.

I thank you.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ What Do You Do? #48  
Retired for 7 months and loving it.
Worked for Army Corps of Engineers as a physical scientist, primarily teaching use of mapping software to terrain analysts. Joined the Army in '75 was in basic when they were pulling the last troops off the hotel in 'Nam. Spent my entire 37 years at the same Army lab of about 350 civilians, but because of the job probably spent about half the time on the road. Usually in stretches of trips that took 14 consecutive days which meant a lot of "lost" weekends. Got sick of going to Hawaii, loved Korea and Europe. Got to spend time in Serbia. Now my son "works" there, but he's just finishing a 3 month tour in Africa. I feel lucky to have been able to have a job that was almost always fun to go to.

Should have retired 3 years earlier!

/ What Do You Do? #49  
I grew up farming peanuts, corn. And cattle,hay. That my family still farm. I left for the army when I was 19 did six years. Came back to Texas. And became an electrician. I laugh at what some of you say when giving advice about electricity. I also have my CDL and have driven trucks. now have a family of my own and maintain our 60 ac of horse pasture, and some oats and hay.

/ What Do You Do? #50  
Raised on Dairy farms, Cattle Ranches, Row crop farm. U.S. Marine Corps Weather Forecaster 1968-1975. Attached to Marine Air Group 56 (Helicopter).
With a little Military Police thrown in. Some special training and classified stuff.

City and Rural Fire Department Training Officer/Paramedic for 44 Man Department. Did that for Seven years. Left because every year we would receive layoff threats notice if the Budget didn't pass.
Hospital Emergency Room Paramedic three years. Bored to death.

Superintendent and Product Sales of Laminated Wood Beam Facility for seven years.

Travel with the Wife teaching and testing Advanced Nursing Care for Medical staff.

Funeral Home Assistant. Removals and transportation, Funeral coordinating, interment and disinterment.

Worked for International Book and Media distributor for Thirteen years before being laid off due to medical problems. Craziest place I have ever been. Associates were just a step above slaves.

Left Kidney removed two weeks after being let go.

Retired with ten acres, Horses, Cows, Chickens and more wild turkeys than I can shake a shotgun at.

Now I invest my spare time in Storage Auctions and antique sales.
Still travel with the Wife to her Teaching/Testing Gigs.