What Do You Do?

/ What Do You Do? #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
I'm always impressed with the knowledge that surfaces on this forum. I'm sure we have full time farmers, engineers, very experienced mechanics and maybe a rocket scientist or two.
So let your occupatation be known.

I spent 35 years as an outside sales rep. A couple years back I had become so disenchanted with the work that I retired early. Now I can play with my toys whenever I like.

How about you?

/ What Do You Do? #2  
I have farmed all my life. In 95 I bought an 18 wheeler and started hauling commercialy to help pay bills. Did that for 10 years until hurricane katrina opened the door for me to get into the dozer business also. Now construction provides my primary income.

/ What Do You Do? #3  
I am a Paramedic, specializing in remote / hostile sites, tho, as a favorite literary character once put it..

"....I've been most things in my time, the less said about some, the better..."

Terry

/ What Do You Do? #4  
Truck driving pays the bills around here...
David from jax

/ What Do You Do? #5  
I've been a bricklayer for 30 years. Only 13 more years to go if my back and shoulders hold out.

Jeff

/ What Do You Do? #6  
I work in the building materials business and ran a crane for my company for 13 years. 2 years ago i quit the crane part and went to hauling with a tractor trailer at work and like it a lot better.
My dad and i were in the firewood business years ago along with beef and dairy cows at the same time being in the transportation and mechanical field of work. I have led a very busy life style but it is finally winding down a bit. I haul building material, cut about 80 cord of firewood a year. ( the up coming heating season and one ahead for our house and my aunt and uncle's house) along with taking care of my wife. Life is GOOD! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . . .Johm

/ What Do You Do? #7  
Retired now due to disability, but 30 years as a Master Auto/Marine Mechanic, also did 15 years as a part time ships carpenter, (I still do woodworking as a hobby, along with restoring/resto-moding my 1959 Chevy Apache Pickup truck)

I use & play with the tractor stuff taking care of & maintaining our small horse farm.:)

/ What Do You Do?
I am a Paramedic, specializing in remote / hostile sites, tho, as a favorite literary character once put it..

"....I've been most things in my time, the less said about some, the better..."

Terry

Terry,
I envy you your job. I took an advanced first aid class in college that I found fascinating. Had it not been for the family business I think I would have become a Paramedic.
Hats off to you for helping other others.
Mark

/ What Do You Do? #9  
Field Service Engineer maintaining Radiation Therapy therapy Linear Accellerators and their associated computer equipment. 22yrs and counting

Former Navy fire control Petty officer Aegis weapons system radar Technician

/ What Do You Do? #10  
Licensed Auctioneer (Texas, Oklahoma) Licensed Oklahoma Real Estate, Rancher, trader and put up hay.

Not a particular favorite, I love doing a good auction, love it when a real estate transaction closes ... love the livestock ... love the time in the tractors and love meeting folks.