Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader

Default What Do You Do?

I'm always impressed with the knowledge that surfaces on this forum. I'm sure we have full time farmers, engineers, very experienced mechanics and maybe a rocket scientist or two.
    So let your occupatation be known.

I spent 35 years as an outside sales rep. A couple years back I had become so disenchanted with the work that I retired early. Now I can play with my toys whenever I like.

How about you?
    Gear Up and Throttle Down.

2011 Massey 2615, 7ft Woods Rear Discharge Finish Mower, 6 ft Lucknow Snow Blower, Danuser post hole digger with 12" and 24" augers, 350 lb 3 pt broadcast spreader, 7ft scraper blade, 7 ft. drag harrow, JD GT 275 rider with 38" snow blower attachment.

Tractor
    JD 4840, 450j, 310, komatsu D31px22, IH 1486, MF 135, MHF TO35

I have farmed all my life. In 95 I bought an 18 wheeler and started hauling commercialy to help pay bills. Did that for 10 years until hurricane katrina opened the door for me to get into the dozer business also. Now construction provides my primary income.

"The Old Goat Ranch" Grimes County, Texas
    Tractor
    1990 - JD 870

Default Re: What Do You Do?

I am a Paramedic, specializing in remote / hostile sites, tho, as a favorite literary character once put it..

"....I've been most things in my time, the less said about some, the better..."

Terry
    "...As I get older, I find that any day in which my gratitude exceeds my expectations is a good day..."

----- Ray Wylie Hubbard, musician

Tractor
    JD2555

Truck driving pays the bills around here...
    David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2011 Kubota L3240DT

I've been a bricklayer for 30 years. Only 13 more years to go if my back and shoulders hold out.

Jeff
    2011 Kubota L3240DT
    724 SSQA loader Titan 42" Forks
    513 JD brushhog 6.5' Meyers Snow Plow
    Loader Mounted Boom Pole Loaded Rear Tires
    Work Platform

Tractor
    Mahindra 2810 HST, Kioti DK35SE HST

I work in the building materials business and ran a crane for my company for 13 years. 2 years ago i quit the crane part and went to hauling with a tractor trailer at work and like it a lot better.
    My dad and i were in the firewood business years ago along with beef and dairy cows at the same time being in the transportation and mechanical field of work. I have led a very busy life style but it is finally winding down a bit. I haul building material, cut about 80 cord of firewood a year. ( the up coming heating season and one ahead for our house and my aunt and uncle's house) along with taking care of my wife. Life is GOOD! . . .Johm
    Lord, Help me to be the man my dog thinks i am . . .John. Mahindra 2810HST, 108H loader with Quick tach buckets and forks. Kioti DK35SE HST with loader, Hyd. top link and second set of rear remotes, 60" and 66" buckets, Kubota 900 RTV and a bunch of other good stuff
    Buy more equipment, It makes life easier.!

Tractor
    JD2520

Retired now due to disability, but 30 years as a Master Auto/Marine Mechanic, also did 15 years as a part time ships carpenter, (I still do woodworking as a hobby, along with restoring/resto-moding my 1959 Chevy Apache Pickup truck)

I use & play with the tractor stuff taking care of & maintaining our small horse farm.
    JD 2520, R4 Tires, 62D MMM, 200CX Loader, 61" bucket , I Match, Modified Ballast Box, Frontier 5' Rear Blade, Frontier 6' Rake, Frontier 48" Pallet Forks, Hardtop Canopy, ROPS Brushguard Kit, Aux Forward lights, Rear work light, Rear wheel weights, JD Receiver Hitch, TSC 3pt Carryall, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks & Clevis Blocks.

1959 Chevy Apache V8 1/2 ton stepside Pickup being resto-moded.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader

Quote Originally Posted by terry.dinerman View Post
    I am a Paramedic, specializing in remote / hostile sites, tho, as a favorite literary character once put it..

"....I've been most things in my time, the less said about some, the better..."

Terry
    Terry,
    I envy you your job. I took an advanced first aid class in college that I found fascinating. Had it not been for the family business I think I would have become a Paramedic.
    Hats off to you for helping other others.
    Mark
    Gear Up and Throttle Down.

2011 Massey 2615, 7ft Woods Rear Discharge Finish Mower, 6 ft Lucknow Snow Blower, Danuser post hole digger with 12" and 24" augers, 350 lb 3 pt broadcast spreader, 7ft scraper blade, 7 ft. drag harrow, JD GT 275 rider with 38" snow blower attachment.

Tractor
    Kubota L5740

Field Service Engineer maintaining Radiation Therapy therapy Linear Accellerators and their associated computer equipment. 22yrs and counting

Former Navy fire control Petty officer Aegis weapons system radar Technician
    Kubota L5740 La854
    MF 35 Deluxe gas wloader...For sale

Tractor
    JD 5520 Montana 4340 Farmall Super C

Licensed Auctioneer (Texas, Oklahoma) Licensed Oklahoma Real Estate, Rancher, trader and put up hay.

Not a particular favorite, I love doing a good auction, love it when a real estate transaction closes ... love the livestock ... love the time in the tractors and love meeting folks.
    "When selling a lifetime ... don't sell it short"
    auctioneer@southernauctionco.com

Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast