Is this a TBN record?

/ Is this a TBN record? #1  

New2NC

Tractor
Looking to buy
Date delivered: March 2, 2012. :)
Date stuck in the mud: March 28, 2012. :confused2:

It sure looked dry when I drove through it! Thanks go out to my neighbor who has a big mofo John Deere who towed me out. I may not visit that spot again until August, if ever.

Thought you all might get a chuckle out of this.

Attachments

• New Kubota.jpg
    New Kubota.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 518
  • March 28.jpg
    March 28.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 742
   / Is this a TBN record? #2  
:laughing: thats a fun way to enjoy your new tractor! did you ever get out?

/ Is this a TBN record? #3  
Nope. Definitely not a record. A few years ago, I purchased a JD3320 and was stuck within the first 15 minutes of using it. Although, after engaging 4wd and a little bit of maneuverability, I was able to get moving again.

I was NOT stuck anything like you are. In fact, now that I think about it, I'm not sure my version of "stuck" is generally accepted as "stuck" on this forum :confused:

I must admit. It's different seeing that nice wax job on top and all that mud on the bottom!! :D

/ Is this a TBN record? #4  
Yes my farmer neighbor towed me out with his JD. He joked that I probably would not have gotten stuck if I listened to him and bought a John Deere. I will likely never hear the end of that!

Glad you could have some fun with it...It most likely will not be the only time you have to walk back...Thanks for sharing your photo..

/ Is this a TBN record? #5  
I think 'stuck' means you need assistance to get pulled out.

Comes with experience, you coulda stopped sooner, and worked your way back out of that mess with the loader bucket. But, it takes time to learn all the tricks.

I remember when I was young, had the 85 hp tractor and 4 bottom plow, drove into a wet spot & let it spin until the plow was in deeper than normal plowing depth - with the 3pt all the way up - and the rear wheels were not really tuching the ground in their ruts. The belly of the tractor was squished down deep in the goo.

Then I walked home to get dad. He wasn't so happy. Told me to stop sooner, come get help sooner. Before you're in that deep. We had to unhook the plow in the mud right there, shovel out enough goo to get it to come off the tractor, and then hooked 2 tractors ont the one I stuck, dad & mom pulling, to get the tractor pulled out by itself. Then wait a couple days, and carefully back in at an ngle to chain the plow on and gt it lifted/dragged out a bit to jack it up and hook it back on the tractor.

I learned a lot that day. :)

I finally got that spot in the field tiled 2 years ago, was _Always_ a thorn in my side, small spot only a 100 feet square, but middle of a field.

--->Paul

/ Is this a TBN record? #6  
Took me over 2 years before I got stuck in a dry place :rolleyes: :( :eek:
Had gone over the area several times getting it level for our new chicken coop. All of a sudden I had a sinking feeling. Good thing I had the backhoe on as I could lift the tractor enough to get boards under the tires. :)
Lucky you had a neighbor nearby that got you out with his JD :thumbsup:

Attachments

• StuckMilling 001.jpg
    StuckMilling 001.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 534
  • StuckMilling 004.jpg
    StuckMilling 004.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 416
  • PondCoop 034.jpg
    PondCoop 034.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 420
   / Is this a TBN record?
Yes my farmer neighbor towed me out with his JD. He joked that I probably would not have gotten stuck if I listened to him and bought a John Deere. I will likely never hear the end of that!

/ Is this a TBN record? #8  
A couple of years ago I got my 180hp JD stuck. I stopped before it got too deep and unhooked the disk. It would almost come out but not quite. Just needed a lil help. My dad wasnt home to bring my other big tractor so I was kinda in a bind so I called my buddy with a brand new kubota mx5100. He pulled me out with that little tractor! I dont think he will ever let me live it down. Haha.

/ Is this a TBN record? #9  
Yep, that's stuck alright. Like rambler, I had to unhook and drag it out in pieces when I was younger and farming.

/ Is this a TBN record? #10  
Shenandoah Valley winters usually include alternate wet and frozen periods - read mud... Lots of mud around gates, troughs, paths, and everything else. My father, farming about 600 acres with a brood herd, always had two to three tractors just so one could put another out of the mud. Some mud - either really deep or shallow over frozen ground - is practically impassible for any wheeled vehicle. I still have really long tow-chains, and nearby friends with tractors. And, when you're stuck, you don't care what make pulls you out.