Fumes from tractor

/ Fumes from tractor #1  

tkm

Tractor
1026r
Has anyone being affected by diesel fumes (small amounts) so that their sinusitis causes them lots of pain? Thanks

/ Fumes from tractor #2  
Nope...but it is Spring and might well be another source of irritant.
How long you had a tractor?

/ Fumes from tractor #3  
It could be an exhaust leak? with it running and cold take a spray bottle with dish soap and water, spray around looking for leaks then do it again when it is hot.
Look around for fuel leaks, and even coolant leaks, many people, because of the chemicals in our systems are susceptible to being irritated from things that we never were before.
You may need to just wash the engine and radiator to get the build up of crud, off it and that will help.
I worked as a mechanic and saw many people that were in the trade have to leave because they became allergic to oils, additives, or solvents.
Just a thought!

/ Fumes from tractor #4  
Never have and have used a wood splitter not far from the exhaust on our MF375, but this spring is killing me.:(

/ Fumes from tractor
Thanks, I have had tractors for over 24yrs. Most of them JD., but not diesel, large gas garden tractors. I am about to purchase a new one but since I have allergies , I am concerned about the fumes causing a reaction.

/ Fumes from tractor #6  
need more info on what you are getting. you can make a vertical exhaust of you want. some models have them as an option particularly the 3x20 and 4x20. anything smaller you will have to have one fabbed.

/ Fumes from tractor #7  
diesel exhaust fumes are dramatically LESS hazardous than gasoline exhaust fumes.

/ Fumes from tractor #8  
diesel exhaust fumes are dramatically LESS hazardous than gasoline exhaust fumes.

That's interesting. It was my thought it was the other way around. I thought diesel had more toxic carcinogens molecule for molecule.

/ Fumes from tractor #9  
That's interesting. It was my thought it was the other way around. I thought diesel had more toxic carcinogens molecule for molecule.

nope.

(Unless you include an air pump and 3 way cat in the gas engine exhaust. )

/ Fumes from tractor #10  
nope.

(Unless you include an air pump and 3 way cat in the gas engine exhaust. )

Diesel particulates are very fine. As such, diesel particulate matter is almost totally respirable and has a significant health impact on humans. It has been classified by several government agencies as either "human carcinogen" or "probable human carcinogen". It is also known to increase the risk of heart and respiratory disease. As diesel produces about 100 times the soot of gasoline engines, I'm wondering what studies you are looking at. Does your last sentence mean that gasoline engines are less toxic because they have catalytic converters otherwise they would be more toxic than diesel?