Glow plugs come on intermittantly

/ Glow plugs come on intermittantly #1  

tkolsen

Tractor
Kubota L3010, John Deere 4720, 2010 RTV 900, 2015 RTV 900
I have a Kubota L3010 and the indicator for the glow plugs keeps coming on intermittantly. I checked with a test light and power is getting to the bar connecting the glow plugs when the indicator comes on (it's not a false alarm). I changed out the relay and that didn't solve the issue. Does anyone know if there is a wiring diagram available? It would seem to me there must be temp sensors somewhere that say when to turn the glow plugs on. They are supposed to come on automatically with the switch in the on position if needed. (you don't turn the switch to a glow plug position).
Any help would be much appreciated.

/ Glow plugs come on intermittantly #2  
I had a similar problem with my L4310. It's likely a "glow plug controller" located behind the dash. Kinda hard to get to and replace.

Do a search here to see other comments.

/ Glow plugs come on intermittantly
Thanks for the reply. That's what I expected too but I replaced that and it didn't solve it. I forgot to mention in my original post that now to keep from burning out the glow plugs, I disconnected the wire to them. The symptoms still look the same. The light comes on for awhile occasionally.

/ Glow plugs come on intermittantly #4  
As daveinh replied, it is the controller kubota available from Messicks for about $65. The controller engages the relay to power the glowplugs. I replaced the controller on my 3710 and wired a switch into the relay circuit so I could prevent a possible glow plug failure if this happens again.

/ Glow plugs come on intermittantly
Thank you!
I thought the relay I replaced was the same thing. The dealer didn't mention another device like that.