Bobcat tractors.

/ Bobcat tractors. #1  

JDTank

Platinum Member
What are these machines like?

I work for a Bobcat dealership now, and I can purchase a CT335, comparable to the John Deere 3x20 series (I think?)

I can't say my cost, but I will say it is substantially cheaper then a average joe would pay. What some people are paying for 2x20 JD's, I could snag a Bobcat CT335 for.

I just don't want to pull the trigger if these machines aren't reliable and tough. It needs to be able to take abuse, I don't want to have to baby the thing to make it last.

/ Bobcat tractors. #2  
What are these machines like?

I work for a Bobcat dealership now, and I can purchase a CT335, comparable to the John Deere 3x20 series (I think?)

I can't say my cost, but I will say it is substantially cheaper then a average joe would pay. What some people are paying for 2x20 JD's, I could snag a Bobcat CT335 for.

I just don't want to pull the trigger if these machines aren't reliable and tough. It needs to be able to take abuse, I don't want to have to baby the thing to make it last.

Bobcat tractors are the same as Kioti. The CT335 is a clone of the DK35se with different color paint and different loader. Bobcat uses USA made loaders from Rhino. Kioti uses Korean loaders. The tractors are as tough as any on the market and very reliable. I have 300 hours on mine and it has never been back to the shop. Two warranty items: 1) seat belt retractor blew up on the first day, 2) fuel bowl cracked after a couple of years. Starts with first crank and loves to work.

The DK35se (CT335) is a smaller version of the DK40se I have. Before you commit to the CT335 check out the CT440. Not sure what the price differential is with Bobcat but it is a couple of grand with Kioti. For that you get massively bigger front and rear axles/tires and a four cylinder 41hp engine instead of three cylinder 38hp. The operator station is identical as are the other main features. Biggest difference though is in the loader: because of the bigger axles, the loader capacity on the Kioti version virtually doubles to 2700lbs lift. I believe the CT440 loader is pretty close to that.

IMO the DK35se is perfect for mowing with six foot implements and running other six foot impliments like tiller, boxblade, etc. The bigger brother DK40se runs the same implements, it just takes the loader work to a different level.

They are excellent tractors. Tough and reliable and well designed. Many deluxe features such as standard rear remotes, 3PT controls at back of tractor, flexible 3PT linkage, draft control, electric over hydraulic PTO and 4wd etc. Not sure of the JD equivalent but more like the Grand L Kubota. Not as light as a Kubota or JD so better for field work than lawn work. Excellent bang for the buck, savings of $5000-7000 compared to equivalent Kubota/JD models.

Attachments

• IMG_5618.JPG
    IMG_5618.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 445
  • Ripper 00074.jpg
    Ripper 00074.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_8142smallfile.jpg
    IMG_8142smallfile.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_4424smallfile.jpg
    IMG_4424smallfile.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
   / Bobcat tractors.
Good reply, thanks for the info!

I read basically the same thing you posted, everyone says step up to the CT440, I noticed in the brochures I received from work that the loader capacity of the CT440 over the CT335 is substantially higher, almost 1,000 pounds in some cases. That's a HUGE difference.

One thing I am uncertain of, every tractor we have has no 3rd valve for running a grapple on the loader. Is there a factory option for this on Bobcat machines?

/ Bobcat tractors. #4  
Good reply, thanks for the info!

I read basically the same thing you posted, everyone says step up to the CT440, I noticed in the brochures I received from work that the loader capacity of the CT440 over the CT335 is substantially higher, almost 1,000 pounds in some cases. That's a HUGE difference.

One thing I am uncertain of, every tractor we have has no 3rd valve for running a grapple on the loader. Is there a factory option for this on Bobcat machines?

I think Bobcat requires you to pay extra for the rear remote while it is standard on the Kioti twin. I would suggest getting two sets of rear remotes so you have one for a hydraulic topping lift (you'll want it believe me) and another to run things like a grapple or tilt cylinder or splitter or any other hydraulic implement. The extra cost to have two rather than one installed should be pretty small.

/ Bobcat tractors.
I think Bobcat requires you to pay extra for the rear remote while it is standard on the Kioti twin. I would suggest getting two sets of rear remotes so you have one for a hydraulic topping lift (you'll want it believe me) and another to run things like a grapple or tilt cylinder or splitter or any other hydraulic implement. The extra cost to have two rather than one installed should be pretty small.

Every tractor we order has 2 rear remotes and we sell them as standard equipment.

We only have CT235 and CT335 models right now, so I have no chance to experience a CT440 at the moment.

I have always been a John Deere fan, but a savings of about $10,000 is not possible to ignore.

/ Bobcat tractors. #6  
Every tractor we order has 2 rear remotes and we sell them as standard equipment.

We only have CT235 and CT335 models right now, so I have no chance to experience a CT440 at the moment.

I have always been a John Deere fan, but a savings of about $10,000 is not possible to ignore.

The main "body" of the CT335 is the same as the CT440. Just imagine bigger axles/tires and a beefier loader. Also about 4 or so inches higher off the ground as I recall.

And yes, that green paint is sure expensive stuff.

/ Bobcat tractors. #7  
I have ct 335 with cab and it is an awsome unit for the price, i looked at the ct 445 before buying the ct 335, but for what I needed to do with it the ct 230 would have done the trick but I had to have a cab so went with the ct 335 and have never regreted it.