ordinance to ban tractors

/ ordinance to ban tractors #11  
"NO vehicle over 10,000 lb. is allowed in a residential zone. This means ANY vehicle including BACKHOES or equipment of any type. " /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.townofprospect.org/Publicworks.html

Let hope it does not snow in good old Prospect.
Guess the town will have to sell these trucks
as I don't think they make the weight restriction!

Has to be a joke! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ ordinance to ban tractors #12  
Sorry Slowrev but the Board mindset just mentioned exists in the country boards as well. It don't matter where you go they are a waiting.

As others have said there may be more to this we know.

Egon

/ ordinance to ban tractors #13  
After looking at the Prospect, CT website, I would imagine that you won't be able to afford a tractor after paying all the application fees, review fees, permit fees, inspection fees, appeal fees, fees on fees......

/ ordinance to ban tractors #14  
Egon, No problem here, MY apologies. I thought since it (###)worked in the comic strips it would be ok here.

/ ordinance to ban tractors #15  
The good people of Prospect shouldn't be alarmed if they hear Cobra's flying over and Hummers going through town. Someone might call in and tell the military they have a new lead on the whereabouts of Sadam and his buddies - They found a new place to govern.
Thankfully my ashes will probably be under some Moose plops somewhere by the time these fruitcake yuppies get a foothold near me.
Pacesetter

/ ordinance to ban tractors #16  
The reason these towns are doing this is "TAXES" more houses more tax revenue. The city I am in keeps grabbing more of the county. They are trying to shut a egg ranch down that has been here since 1930. They allowed a builder to build all around it. Now the people are complaining about the smell, duh! If you think it is bad in your town. It cost in San Diego approximately $30,000 for a building permit for a single family dwelling. My neighber just sold 4 acres of his farm for $200,000. It took him 5 years to split that piece off his 50 acres. It does not surprise me that they will try to eliminate anything they feel detracts from the asthetics of their community. Keep us posted...

/ ordinance to ban tractors #17  
That sounds about right, I live and run my businness in Bethany, which borders Prospect. We sell Mahindra's, also do auto repairs and auto parts, tractor repairs and parts etc, my family has been here for 5 generations, and things are changing very quickly around here also. They are building 3/4 million dollar plus houses every where, these people do'nt want to see this kind of stuff and think we should all change for them. These people are the ones who have the time to run for town offices and push these changes, while the working folk have to work 60 to 70 hours to make ends meet. Our town is trying to make similar changes but i know the proposed law exempts agricultural uses, but no comercial vehicles, trailers backhoes dozers, lanscape trailers and equipment left outside or something to that effect. Lets say it didn't go over very well and still has not gone through yet. They also did pass strong antibusinness laws in town( but this was snuck through), if you retail product: tractors, cars, lumber, etc, it can not be dissplayed in front of your bussiness it has to be behind the front set back of your building: 70 feet from all roads, and while your closed it has to be moved behind a screened area where it can not be seen. They were trying to make the lumber company move all his stacks of wood at the end of the day behind the building and out in the morning. The sent me a letter about the tractors being in front of our building forsale, but we have been doing before the new law took effect and are grandfathered in. My opinion to all these people that move to these places and then try to change them: WHY did you move here if you did'nt like the town, move somewhere else, go back to where you came from. I hate whe they say we moved here because we love the town, well them why the h*ll are you trying to change it.

/ ordinance to ban tractors #18  
I can't help thinkin it has to be caused by a lack of oxygen getting to their brain because they got that necktie thing wrapped too tight around their necks.
In my town, they have so totally pi$$ed the County off, the County will put a 10 foot square lot with a boat dock into the Ag District, just to annoy the town.
I'm considering building a new chicken house, about 1500 square feet, with 1 chicken in it, then again, I might just call it a bee hive, cause they can't tax it to death.

/ ordinance to ban tractors #19  
Franz:
Several hundred years or so ago there was a country that had a solution to this type of control problem. Unfortunately once eliminated it grows again in a slightly different formate.

Perhaps upon the lower reaches of the Yukon river in Alaska one may be able to avoid this social stigma.

Egon

/ ordinance to ban tractors #20  
Well folks, Robert J. Chatfield, Mayor of Prospect, emailed back and wants me to call him. Didn't expect that response. Will fill you in after I talk to him.
DaveL