suitcase tractor weights

/ suitcase tractor weights #21  
Those concrete weights are clever! Thx.

/ suitcase tractor weights #22  
IMG_3588.jpg

Mitch, just curious..how much weight do you have on the front of your tractor?

/ suitcase tractor weights #23  
Mitch, just curious..how much weight do you have on the front of your tractor?

The suitcase weights come in just under 200lbs, and then I have both front tires loaded, so about 300+ lbs. It has made all the difference in the world. I use to have my front end in the air all the time, and now I have not had that happen once, and I feel so much more stable. I am still careful, but it is a huge help!

/ suitcase tractor weights #24  
   / suitcase tractor weights #25  
The suitcase weights come in just under 200lbs, and then I have both front tires loaded, so about 300+ lbs. It has made all the difference in the world. I use to have my front end in the air all the time, and now I have not had that happen once, and I feel so much more stable. I am still careful, but it is a huge help!

Thanks. I increased the weights on my tractor from 200- to 300 and the difference was incredible. The front tires would "plow" when making turns with the 200 and with the 300# they don't or very little-that is with a 800lb cutter on the back end..

/ suitcase tractor weights #26  
My problem is not so much the front end popping up in the air as it is skidding as a make a turn. Will the weights help with that? The concrete is a good idea and so is the rotor. I wonder about combining them?

/ suitcase tractor weights #27  
MikeA57 said:
My problem is not so much the front end popping up in the air as it is skidding as a make a turn. Will the weights help with that? The concrete is a good idea and so is the rotor. I wonder about combining them?

The weight should drastically improve that issue. It sound like your tractor is just pushing forward and skidding because you do not have enough weight for the front tires to contact the ground adequately for proper turning. I would try adding the weight and go from there. The weights that sound guy developed should give you more than adequate weight and they will not rust. I like the rotor idea, but you have to worry long term rusting, and corrosion. I would give it a try, and if you want, combine the two, but either way it should solve you problem. Suitcase weights run about one dollar a pound to purchase, and that adds up very quickly. I bought mine, however any future weights are going to be the cast concrete type that sound guy made. Let us know what you end up doing, and if it helps..